|Amanda Bynes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1986|
Amanda Laura Bynes
Chicky, Mandy, Manda
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
Bynes started her acting career professionally at the age of 7. But, unlike some other celebs, she was able to complete her schooling. Amanda graduated from Thousand Oaks High School in California in 2004 via an independent study program.
She took admission to the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Irvine, California in December 2013 and graduated in 2019. In 2018, she received her Associate’s of Arts degree in Merchandise Product Development.
Actress, Fashion Designer
- Father – Rick Bynes (Dentist who also practiced stand-up comedy)
- Mother – Lynn (Dental assistant and office manager)
- Siblings – Tommy (Older Brother) (born 1973) (Chiropractor), and Jillian (Older Sister) (born 1983) (Done B.A. in History from UCLA and has also acted)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bynes have dated –
- Drake Bell (1999-2001) – American actor, Drake appeared on The Amanda Show in 1999 and soon started dating the actress. From February 1999 to December 2001, they dated together.
- Taran Killam (2001-2002) – From March 2001 until May 2002, American actor, Killam dated the actress.
- Frankie Muniz (2002-2003) – Another American actor, Frankie Muniz had a chance to date the actress until March 2003. They acted together in the film, Big Fat Liar, released in 2002, which is also Bynes’ debut film.
- Nick Zano (2003-2004) – Again, she dated another actor, Nick Zano for almost a year before getting separated in 2004.
- David Cross (2006) – RUMOR
- Seth MacFarlane (2008) – MacFarlane is almost everything – singer, director, producer, comedian, voice actor, animator, screenwriter, and finally actor. He dated Amanda briefly in 2008. They first met on the set of TV series, Family Guy as Bynes had to voice a character in a single episode. It’s not clear when the relationship ended in 2008.
- Doug Reinhardt (2008-2009) – American reality TV series “The Hills” personality, Doug Reinhardt and Bynes were seen together at the LA Laker’s game in December 2008. But, the relationship lasted less than a month and ended in January 2009.
- Liam Hemsworth (2009) – RUMOR
- Kid Cudi (2010) – The rapper, Kid Cudi (born name as Scott Mescudi) dumped Bynes for over-tweeting. They are believed to have dated from February until March 2010.
- Paul Michael (2020-Present) – In early 2020, she announced her engagement to Paul Michael. There were some false rumors that they have broken up just some weeks later. Later, there was again some news about them expecting a child. Again, this proved to be false as it was revealed that their social media account was hacked.
Race / Ethnicity
Amanda has Irish, Lithuanian, and Polish ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Polish, Russian, and Romanian descent on her mother’s side.
Her natural hair color is brown. But, she generally dyes them blonde.
She is funny.
Amanda describes herself as Jewish. She revealed –
“As far as religion, I was raised both. I learned about both Judaism and Catholicism. My parents said it was up to me to decide [which faith to adhere to] when I grew up. I’m sort of a spiritual person anyway. I haven’t decided yet on a religion. I don’t know yet exactly what I believe.”
Best Known For
Her regular appearances on the television on the TV series All That, The Amanda Show, and What I Like About You.
She has also acted in the films like Big Fat Liar (2002), What a Girl Wants (2003), Love Wrecked (2005), She’s the Man (2006), Hairspray (2007), Sydney White (2007), and Easy A (2010).
On July 10, 2007, was released the soundtrack of 2007 musical film, Hairspray under the label New Line / Warner Music. The album was certified as platinum with around 1.2 million sales in the US. The length of the album is 66:05 minutes. The soundtracks received positive reviews from critics. These are as follows –
|1.||“Good Morning Baltimore”||Nikki Blonsky||3:54|
|2.||“The Nicest Kids in Town”||James Marsden with the Council Members||2:42|
|3.||“It Takes Two”||Zac Efron||3:04|
|4.||“(The Legend of) Miss Baltimore Crabs”||Michelle Pfeiffer with the Council Members||4:08|
|5.||“I Can Hear the Bells”||Blonsky||4:14|
|6.||“Ladies’ Choice”||Zac Efron||2:28|
|7.||“The New Girl in Town”||Brittany Snow, Sarah Jayne Jensen, Hayley Podschun and The Dynamites||2:16|
|8.||“Welcome to the 60’s”||Blonsky, John Travolta, The Dynamites with Jerry Stiller||5:13|
|9.||“Run and Tell That”||Elijah Kelley, Taylor Parks||3:51|
|10.||“Big, Blonde and Beautiful”||Queen Latifah with The Negro Day Kids||2:35|
|11.||“Big, Blonde and Beautiful (Reprise)”||Travolta, Pfeiffer||1:06|
|12.||“(You’re) Timeless to Me”||Travolta, Christopher Walken||4:47|
|13.||“I Know Where You’ve Been”||Latifah with Negros, Blonsky and Kelley||4:13|
|14.||“Without Love”||Efron, Blonsky, Kelley, Amanda Bynes with Negro Day Kids||3:40|
|15.||“(It’s) Hairspray”||Marsden with Council Members||2:20|
|16.||“You Can’t Stop the Beat”||Blonsky, Efron, Bynes, Kelley, Travolta and Latifah with Walken, Marsden||5:25|
|17.||“Come So Far (Got So Far to Go)”||Latifah, Blonsky, Efron, Kelley||4:17|
|19.||“Mama, I’m a Big Girl Now”||Ricki Lake, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Blonsky with Harvey Fierstein||3:19|
2002 American teen comedy film, Big Fat Liar for her role as Kaylee. It was her lead role, opposite Frankie Muniz.
First TV Show
From 1996 to 2000, she was in the lead role in the American live-action, sketch comedy-variety show, All That for various roles. She acted in the show from season 3 to 6 in a lead role.
She works out in the gym. She also tweeted her pic on April 30, 2013 –
About to put on makeup! I weigh 135, I’ve gained weight! I need to be 100 lbs! – Picture
Amanda Bynes Favorite Things
- Comedian – Lucille Ball
- Movie – Clueless (1995)
Source – IMDb
Amanda Bynes Facts
- She has an interest in fashion design and illustrations.
- She has an eating disorder, which she announced via Twitter on April 4, 2013.
- Amanda is the youngest in her family.
- She had been charged with 2 cases of hit-and-run, one on April 10, 2012, and another on August 4, 2012.
- Her driving license was also suspended on September 6, 2012, by California’s Department of Motor Vehicles. After 10 days, on September 16, she drove her vehicle without the active license and as a result, her vehicle was also impounded.
- She had been arrested for possessing marijuana on May 23, 2013. She was also taken for a mental check-up to Roosevelt Hospital as she threw a bong (a device used to smoke that drug) out of her 36th-floor window. She denied of throwing the bong out of the window and instead accused a policeman of sexual harassment. The actress was later expelled from her property legally.
- Amanda first announced through Twitter that she is retiring from her acting career in June 2010. But later in August, she withdrew her statement.
- The legal problems and her erratic behavior on the sets are the reasons, her career is paused.
- In December 2019, she got a face tattoo of a heart below her left eye. In 2020, she got a second heart tattoo over her eyebrow too.