|Ricki Lake Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1968|
Ricki Lake is an American actress, TV host, and producer who is best known for her work in films such as Hairspray (1988), Last Exit to Brooklyn (1989), Cookie (1989), Cry-Baby (1990), Serial Mom (1994), and Cecil B. Demented (2000). She is also well recognized for hosting the talk shows Ricki Lake (1993-2004) and The Ricki Lake Show (2012-2013), the latter landing her a Daytime Emmy Award in the category of ‘Outstanding Talk Show Host’.
Ricki Pamela Lake
Hastings-on-Hudson, Greenburgh, Westchester County, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ricki had attended the Hastings Elementary School, the Farragut Middle School, and then the Hastings High School for 2 years, all institutions located in her hometown of Hastings-on-Hudson.
For her last 2 years of high school, she had taken a transfer to the Professional Children’s School in New York City, to focus on improving her skills as an actress. After her high school graduation, she had joined Ithaca College, a private liberal arts college in Ithaca, New York. She had, however, dropped out within a year to pursue a career in acting.
Actress, TV Host, Producer
- Father – Barry Lake (Pharmacist)
- Mother – Jill Lake
- Siblings – Jennifer Lake (Younger Sister)
- Others – Sylvia Lake (Paternal Grandmother) (d. 1978), Pam Evans (Ex-Mother-in-Law), Byron Evans (Ex-Father-in-Law)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ricki has dated –
- Darren E. Burrows (1989) – Rumor
- Rob Sussman (1993–2005) – Ricki had started dating illustrator Rob Sussman in November 1993, soon after they had first met on Halloween that year. They got married on March 26, 1994, in a ceremony in Las Vegas. They have 2 sons together named Milo Sebastian Sussman (b. March 22, 1997) and Owen Tyler Sussman (b. June 18, 2001). Owen’s birth was depicted in a documentary titled The Business of Being Born, which was produced by Ricki. She and Rob had filed for divorce in August 2003 which was finalized in February 2005.
- Christian Evans (2009-2015) – Ricki had started dating jewelry designer Christian Evans in June 2009. They got engaged in August 2011 and were married on April 8, 2012. She had filed for divorce in October 2014, citing irreconcilable differences. In December 2014, they had announced that they had put their divorce on hold. However, they went through with it again in a few weeks and it was finalized in October 2015. Christian died on February 11, 2017.
- Ross Burningham (2020-Present) – Ricki began dating Ross Burningham in June 2020 and the couple got engaged on February 20, 2021. Ricki and Ross tied the knot on January 2, 2022, in a beachside wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Neck-length, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Ricki Lake Facts
- She was primarily raised by her paternal grandmother, Sylvia, until she died in 1978.
- She had started singing in cabarets and local clubs from the age of just 9.
- When her self-titled talk show began airing in 1993, she was credited as being the youngest person to host a syndicated talk show at the time.
- In September 2010, a rented house of hers in Malibu was devastated by a fire. She and her sons had, fortunately, escaped without any injury.
- In January 2011, she had finished in 6th place overall in the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure Luxury Ladies Poker event.
Featured Image by Ricki Lake / Instagram