|David Alaba Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
David Alaba is an Austrian professional footballer who is best known for his career as a central midfielder, left-back, centre-back, or wide midfielder for the Austria national team and La Liga club Real Madrid. He is considered as one of the best defenders of his generation and has been a part of teams like Austria Wien II and Bayern Munich in the past. During the course of his career, David has won tournaments like Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal, UEFA Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, DFL-Supercup, Supercopa de España, and has been the recipient of honors like “Austrian Footballer of the Year”, “Austrian Sports Personality of the Year”, and ESPN FC‘s “Best Left-Back”.
David Olatukunbo Alaba
Alaba finished Secondary School in Vienna, Austria.
- Father – George Alaba (Prince from Ogere, an ancient town located in Nigeria) (Rapper and DJ)
- Mother – Gina Alaba (Nurse)
- Siblings – Rose Alaba (Older Sister)
David is signed to one of his relatives.
Fullback (Defender), Midfielder
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
76 kg or 167½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Alaba dated –
- Katja Butylina (2010-Present) – David is in a relationship with a former handball player with Russian roots Katja Butylina. It has been reported that the couple has been dating for more than 6 years starting back in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
David has Filipino ancestry on his mom’s side while he is of Nigerian descent on his dad’s side.
David’s natural hair is Black.
He sometimes dyes his hair “Blonde”.
- Black hair and eyes
42.5 (EU) or 9 (US)
Alaba has appeared in TV commercials for INTERSPORT, Coca-Cola, KIKA TV, Adidas, and Eat the Ball.
David is a Christian.
He is a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Best Known For
Being one of the youngest Austrian players who have played a match for the senior national team (At the time, he was only 17). Alaba is known for his talent and raw skill, and also for the ability to play as a midfielder, winger, and central defender.
First Football Match
In August 2009, David played his first official game for Bayern Munich against Dynamo Dresden.
On March 9, 2010, Alaba had his UEFA Champions League debut in a match between Bayern Munich and ACF Fiorentina.
At the age of 17, David debuted for the Austrian senior national team in a match against France.
- Long shots
- Holding and handling the ball
- Head shots
- Lacks strength
Here is a short YouTube video showing Alaba working on his preparation for the comeback after the injury he had.
David Alaba Favorite Things
- Food / Drink – His mother’s meals/drinks
Source – FCBayern.de
David Alaba Facts
- Alaba started his career at a local club called SV Aspern.
- At the age of 10, he joined FK Austria Wien.
- In April 2008, David was added to the first team of FK Austria Wien and appeared in a Bundesliga match.
- He was part of Austria Wien’s reserve squad and appeared in their five matches.
- Before he was added to the senior team of Bayern Munich, Alaba played for the club’s U-17 and U-19 squads.
- In January 2011, he was loaned to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim for the 2010-2011 season.
- He returned to Bayern Munich for the 2011-2012 season.
- Alaba received a total of 354,067 votes and was named as a left-back into the 2014 UEFA Team of the Year.
- He has played for the U-17, U-19, and U-21 Austrian national teams.
- In 2011, at the age of 19, David won the Austrian Footballer of the Year award.
- He helped the coaching staff of Bayern Munich’s U-11 team during the 2008-2009 season.
- In the past, David was featured on the cover of FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 alongside Lionel Messi.