|David Archuleta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 28, 1990|
David Archuleta is an American singer, songwriter, and actor who had come into the spotlight in 2008 when he had finished in 2nd position overall in the 7th season of the popular singing competition-based reality TV show American Idol. By the end of the year, he had released his self-titled debut album which had peaked at number 2 on the Billboard 200 chart. He was just 18 years old at that time. He has gone to release several other albums including Christmas from the Heart (2009), The Other Side of Down (2010), Forevermore (2012), Begin (2012), Postcards in the Sky (2017), Winter in the Air (2018), and Therapy Sessions (2020).
David James Archuleta
Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
David had attended the Murray High School in Murray, Salt Lake County, Utah. He had later graduated from the Barbizon Modeling and Acting School in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Jeff Archuleta (Jazz Musician)
- Mother – Guadalupe Mayorga (Salsa Singer, Dancer)
- Siblings – Daniel Archuleta (Younger Brother), Claudia Archuleta (Older Sister), Jazzy Archuleta (Younger Sister), Amber Archuleta (Younger Sister)
- Others – James Jose Rosendo Archuleta (Paternal Grandfather), Claudia Ann Diehl (Paternal Grandmother), Wilfredo Mayorga Alonzo (Maternal Grandfather), Guadalupe Eulalia Rodriguez Mendoza (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Karl Morse, Booking Agent, Arrival Artists, Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Jive Records (2008–2011)
- Zomba Group (2008–2011)
- Shadow Mountain (2011)
- Ivory Records (2012)
- Highway Records (2012)
- Entertainment One Music (2013)
- Archie Music (2017-Present)
- Tone Tree Music (2017-Present)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David has dated –
- Hagood Coxe (2008)
- Jackie Castro (2008–2009)
- Jordan Pruitt (2009) – Rumor
- Fernanda Andrade (2009)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and White)
He is of Honduran descent on his mother’s side and Basque, Danish, Irish, German, and Iroquois Native American descent on his father’s side.
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Often sports a light stubble
David Archuleta Facts
- Born to parents who were both musicians, David too had shown an inclination towards singing from a very young age. When he was 10 years old, he had won the children’s division of the Utah Talent Competition which had helped him get noticed for TV singing appearances. 2 years later, he had been crowned the ‘Junior Vocal Champion’ in the 2nd season of the talent hunt TV show Star Search.
- In March 2012, he had announced that he would soon be taking a 2-year break from his music career to work as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Chile, with a promise to his fans that he would re-ignite his career upon his return.
- His 4th album, titled Forevermore, was released exclusively in the Philippines in 2012. It consisted of covers of several Filipino songs and was his first album in the Original Filipino Music (OPM) genre. The album had achieved ‘Gold’ certification in the country. The same year, he had played the lead role of Josh Bradley in the Filipino TV mini-series titled Nandito Ako (Here I Am).
- He owns a goldfish named Conditioner.
Featured Image by David Archuleta / Instagram