Goffin, La Goff
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Professional Tennis Player
Right-handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Michael Goffin (Tennis Coach at Barchon Club)
- Mother – Francoise Goffin
- Siblings – Simon Goffin (Brother)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Goffin dated –
- Stephanie Tuccitto (2012-Present) – David is in a relationship with the Belgian girl Stephanie Tuccitto since June 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
Goffin has signed endorsement contracts with Wilson, Optima, Asics, Peugeot, and Kidibul.
Best Known For
Being one of the best Belgian tennis players of all time
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
You can check on David’s recent title wins on ATP World Tour.
Goffin has been coached by Thierry Van Cleemput and the Belgian Tennis Federation.
David Goffin Favorite Things
- Surface – Hard
- Quote – Impossible is nothing
Source – ITFTennis.com, ATPWorldTour.com
David Goffin Facts
- He began playing tennis at the age of 6.
- Goffin loves to play golf.
- His idol growing up was the legendary Swiss tennis player Roger Federer. Goffin also stated that he had posters in his bedroom of the Swiss player.
- As a junior, David competed in only two junior grand slams, US Open and Wimbledon.
- Goffin’s first victory in an ATP tournament happened at the 2011 Chennai Open in a match against Somdev Devvarman.
- During French Open 2012, David became the first “Lucky Loser” to get into the round 16 in one Grand Slam tournament (because Gaël Monfils withdrew from the tournament) after his fellow countryman Dick Norman did the same in 1995 at Wimbledon.
- He won his first ATP tournament at the Austrian Open Kitzbuhel when in the finals, Goffin managed to beat Dominic Thiem.
- Goffin achieved the Comeback Player of the Year Award in 2014.