|Demet Akalın Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Demet Akalın is a Turkish singer, songwriter, actress, and former model who is known for having released several albums such as Kusursuz 19, Giderli 16, Banane, Dans Et, and Rakipsiz. One of the well-known names of the Turkish music industry, she has also accrued a massive fan base on social media and enjoys more than 10 million followers on Instagram, more than 7 million followers on Twitter, and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Gölcük, Kocaeli, Turkey
Demet Akalın studied at Gölcük Barbaros Hayrettin Lisesi which is a public high school located in Gölcük, Turkey.
Singer, Songwriter, Model, Actress
- Father – Ali Akalın
- Mother – Şenay Akalın
- Siblings – Emir Çağ Adanur (Brother)
Arabesque, Dance, Pop
Elenor, Şahin Özer, Ozan, Seyhan, DMC
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Demet Akalın has dated –
- Ibrahim Kutluay (1997-2001)
- Oğuz Kayhan (2006) – She got married to restaurant owner Oğuz Kayhan in July 2006 but the duo soon divorced in November 2006.
- Önder Bekensir (2010) – She tied the knot with businessman Önder Bekensir in January 2010 and the marriage fell apart within a couple of months.
- Okan Kurt (2012-2018) – In April 2012, she married Okan Kurt and their daughter Hira was born in February 2014. However, the couple got divorced due to “irreconcilable differences” on September 11, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curvy physique
She appeared in a TV commercial for Morhipo along with Hande Yener.
Demet Akalın Facts
- She released her 3rd studio album, Banane, on December 12, 2004, and its lead track titled Aşkın Açamadığı Kapı won Demet Akalın the Turkey Music Award for the “Song of the Year”.
- Her acting credits include having worked in projects like Osman Pazarlama, Günlerden Pazar, Tele Anahtar, and Sensiz Olmaz.
- She has been involved in charity works and donated 50,000 TL and 10,000 TL to Mehmetçik Foundation in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
- Demet Akalın has also raised her voice against child abuse and violence against women.
- As of February 2020, she has won several awards including 2 Golden Butterfly Awards and 4 Kral Turkey Music Awards.
Featured Image by Hakki Topcu / Flickr / CC BY 2.0