|Freida Pinto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 18, 1984|
Freida Pinto is an Indian actor and producer who has worked mainly in American and British films. She rose to fame by making her debut in the British drama film Slumdog Millionaire (2008), a loose adaptation of the novel Q & A (2005) by Indian author Vikas Swarup. This role got her nominated for the BAFTA Award for “Best Actress in a Supporting Role”, the MTV Movie Award for “Best Breakthrough Performance”, and the Teen Choice Award for “Choice Movie Actress – Drama” while she won the Palm Springs International Film Festival Award for “Breakthrough Performance”. She has also worked in movies and shows like Mira, Royal Detective, Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle, Guerrilla, Yamasong: March of the Hollows, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Immortals, The Path, You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, Unity, Day of the Falcon, Miral, Desert Dancer, Knight of Cups, Love Sonia, Hillbilly Elegy, Spy Princess, Blunt Force Trauma, India: Nature’s Wonderland, and Love, Wedding, Repeat.
Freida Selena Pinto
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Freida attended Carmel of St. Joseph School in Malad, Mumbai.
She majored in English literature and minored in Psychology and Economics from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
She learned acting from The Barry John’s Acting Studio in Andheri, Mumbai.
Actor, Model, Producer
- Father – Frederick (Senior branch manager at Bank of Baroda)
- Mother – Sylvia (Principal of St. John’s High School in Goregaon)
- Siblings – Sharon (Older Sister) (Associate Producer of the News Channel, NDTV)
As a model, she was signed to Elite Model Management India.
She has also been repped by Principal Entertainment, Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States.
In 2020, her net worth was $14 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pinto has dated –
- Rohan Antao – Before Freida had started her filming career, she had commenced dating her publicist Rohan Antao. She even got engaged with him later. However, by January 2009, they had separated.
- Dev Patel (2009-2014) – Freida started dating Dev Patel (British actor) when she met him on the set of Slumdog Millionaire in 2009. He is 6 years her junior. Pinto was already engaged to Rohan before meeting Dev. So, she broke that engagement to date this British actor. Freida and Dev also broke up in December 2014.
- Ronnie Bacardi (2016) – In the year 2016, she had a fling with Ronnie Bacardi.
- Cory Tran – Freida then started dating adventure photographer Cory Tran. In November 2019, she got engaged to Cory. In June 2021, she announced her pregnancy with Cory. In October 2021, Freida revealed on The Kelly Clarkson Show that they got married during the COVID-19 lockdown. In November 2021, the couple welcomed a baby boy named Rumi-Ray.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Konkani (Mangalorean) Indian descent.
33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
As a model, she has modeled for brands like Airtel, eBay, DeBeers, Škoda, Visa, Vodafone India, and Wrigley’s Chewing Gum.
She is also the ambassador of Plan USA’s I Am A Girl.
Pinto was announced as the ambassador for Audemars Piguet in July 2015.
Best Known For
Playing Latika in the 2008 British drama film Slumdog Millionaire. The film directed by Danny Boyle received numerous Oscar nominations.
She appeared in the 2008 drama film Slumdog Millionaire for her role as Latika. The film received numerous awards.
Freida takes good care of her diet. She keeps a check on her diet regularly.
To make herself look glowing, she drinks vegetable juices, which she makes herself. To make it taste a little bit different, she adds coriander and pepper.
In general, she eats fruits and other healthy stuff, but she takes, even more, care of her eating habits if she is preparing the desired body for a film. She sometimes even skips fruits as they contain sugar.
Freida also drinks a lot of water.
Freida Pinto Favorite Things
Source – IMDb
Freida Pinto Facts
- Pinto was born in Mumbai to a Mangalorean Catholic family.
- She wanted to become an actress since 5 but made a firm decision about it after seeing Sushmita Sen winning the Miss Universe 1994 title at that time.
- In school, Freida was active in sports and also sang in the choir.
- She knows various dance forms such as Salsa and Classical Indian dance.
- Freida has modeled for four years.
- Pinto auditioned for the role of Bond girl for the 2008 film Quantum of Solace, but somehow it went to Olga Kurylenko.
- She switches her time in her home in Mumbai (India), London (England), and Los Angeles (United States).
- She and Emma Stone were also considered for the role of Amber in the 2011 film Sucker Punch, but it finally went to Jamie Chung.
- In 2013, she appeared in the music video for the song Gorilla by Bruno Mars.
- She appeared as Rashmi in the 2018 drama film, Love Sonia, in which she co-starred alongside the likes of Mrunal Thakur, Demi Moore, Mark Duplass, Manoj Bajpayee, Rajkummar Rao, and Richa Chadda.
- In 2020, she provided vocals to the character of Queen Shanti, the Queen of Jalpur who considers Mira to be like a daughter, in the Indian-American CGI-animated mystery children’s television series titled Mira, Royal Detective.