|Denise van Outen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 27, 1974|
Denise van Outen is a British actress, singer, presenter, and dancer. She has presented The Big Breakfast. She has narrated The Only Way Is Essex show. Denise has also served as a judge on Ireland’s Got Talent.
Denise Kathleen Outen
Stanford le Hope, Essex, England
Denise van Outen polished her acting and stage performance skills at the Sylvia Young Theatre School.
Actress, Singer, Dancer, Presenter
- Father – Ted Outen
- Mother – Kathleen Outen
- Siblings – Terry Outen (Brother), Jackie Outen (Sister)
Denise van Outen is represented by London based Intertalent Rights Group (Talent Agency).
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Denise van Outen has dated
- Robbie Williams (1997) – In 1997, singer Robbie Williams and Denise were romantically linked to each other after working together on the TV series, TFI Friday.
- Jay Kay (1998-2001) – In 1998, Denise started going out with singer Jay Kay, who was a member of the British jazz band, Jamiroquai. They dated for about 3 years before ending their relationship in 2001. His band’s fifth album, A Funk Odyssey was mostly inspired by their breakup. They had even got engaged during a short and tempestuous relationship.
- Nick Moran (2001) – In 2001, Denise van Outen went out with actor and director Nick Moran for a very brief time. She would later claim that she never referred to him as her boyfriend. They went out for a couple of dinners but never got to the stage of introducing her to his parents.
- Richard Traviss (2001-2005) – Denise had 4 years long on and off relationship with Richard Traviss, who is best known for being the owner of Brown’s nightclub and lapdance club, Bada Bing. Their relationship was interrupted for a short while after she started working on Broadway production of Chicago. They eventually got back together and he reportedly presented her with 100 roses on the first night of her play. Their relationship was again rocked in September 2003 as he was accused of having cheated on Denise by British tabloids. It was claimed that he was having an affair with 27 years old Morgan Tyler. But Denise stood with her man and rejected all cheating rumors. They even moved into £1.8 million penthouse apartment in Central London to live together. Their relationship eventually came to an end in 2005.
- James Lance (2007) – The actor James Lance was her first serious boyfriend. They had started dating while they were attending the Sylvia Young stage school and Denise was 14 years old at that time. However, after he made a negative remark about her personal appearance, Denise decided to dump him. They again got back together in the spring of 2007 after having met in Los Angeles. They were reported to have broken up in August of the same year. But she quickly issued a press statement to rubbish breakup reports. However, their relationship didn’t survive beyond the end of the year.
- Lee Mead (2007-2013) – In November 2007, Denise officially started dating actor Lee Mead. They had first met on the sets of the TV show, Any Dream Will Do. She was a judge, while he was competing as a contestant. They got married in an intimate wedding ceremony in April 2009. Their marriage was officially ended in July 2013 as they separated. They officially got divorced in 2015. During the course of their marriage, she gave birth to a girl, Betsy Mead.
- Eddie Boxshall (2014-Present) – Van Outen started dating day trader Eddie Boxshall in 2014. They had first met after being set up on a date by a mutual friend. She would later reveal in an interview that just after 10 minutes, she realized that their relationship would work and he was ‘the one.’
Race / Ethnicity
- Short Trimmed Blonde Hair
- Green Eyes
Denise van Outen has appeared in the TV commercials for the following –
- Buzz TV listings magazine
- Harvester Restaurants
- Hoseasons Holidays
- Liberte Yogurt
- Febreze “Road Trip”
- Matalan Stores
- Nescafé Coffee
- Marks & Spencer
- Morrisons Supermarkets
She was raised in a Catholic household but her religious views as an adult aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Having served as a presenter for the British entertainment show, The Big Breakfast
- Having served as a judge on the reality TV show, Ireland’s Got Talent. She has also worked as a judge on Any Dream Will Do! and Born to Shine.
- Having played the role of Roxie Hart in the West End and Broadway production of the popular musical, Chicago
As a Singer
Denise has lent her voice to the musical productions, she had been cast in. The most popular out of these musicals is Chicago.
She has also collaborated with The Big Breakfast co-presenter Johnny Vaughan to release the cover of Especially for You, which was originally recorded by Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan.
In 1999, Denise made her theatrical film debut in the British movie, Tube Tales, which was essentially a collection of 9 short films. The project also served as the directorial debut of British actors – Jude Law and Ewan McGregor.
First TV Show
In 1995, Denise van Outen made her first TV show appearance in the Sunday morning show, Massive! as a presenter.
Van Outen maintains an active lifestyle to keep herself fit. She has banned herself from using lifts and instead always takes stairs. When it comes to the workout regime, she loves to mix it up. After dropping her kids at school, she hits the body pump class.
She also likes to play golf as a fun workout. If she feels that she hasn’t worked out enough, she uses her home treadmill. Denise sets the treadmill on an incline and walks for about 30 minutes. For her strength training workout, she relies on the guidance of her personal trainer, Nicki Waterman.
Regarding diet, she takes pride in making smart and healthy choices. She makes sure that she is adding extra veggies to all her meals. Denise also loves including healthy options such as sushi, avocado, and scrambled eggs in her diet.
Her typical daily diet is as follows –
- Breakfast – A bowl of porridge or a fruit
- Lunch – She makes her lunch the main meal of the day and usually eats pasta or tuna with jacket spud and sweetcorn.
- Dinner – She keeps her last meal light with some steamed veggies or fish.
- Snacks – To keep her hunger in check in between meals, she snacks on nuts, fruits, and yogurt.
Denise van Outen Favorite Things
- Food Shop – Morrisons
- Comfort Food – Carrot Cake
- Drink – English Tea or Decaf Latte
- Alcoholic Drinks – Red Wine
Source – Closer Online
Denise van Outen Facts
- At the age of 11, she was cast in the West End production of the iconic play, Les Miserables. The role helped her pay school fees for the Sylvia Young Theatre School.
- She had added ‘Van’ as her middle name to make her name sound more interesting.
- At the age of 7, she was featured in an endorsement campaign for knitting patterns. It served as the start of her showbiz career.
- In her teens, she was hired for backing vocals by the British electronic band, Dreadzone.
- In March 2010, she launched her maternity range in partnership with the fashion e-commerce brand, Very. She later launched her autumn/winter collection as well.
- In 2012, she participated in the dance reality show, Strictly Come Dancing. She managed to finish as the runner-up in the show.
- While co-hosting The 5 O’Clock Show on Channel 4 in June 2010, she broke the Guinness World Record by eating 250 gm of jelly in 60 seconds with her eyes blindfolded.
- In 2009, she opted to climb Mount Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief. She climbed the mountain in 4 days and came back down in 2 days and in the process, raised 1.4 million pounds for charity.
- In 2013, she decided to undertake trekking across the Great Wall of China to raise funds for the Royal Marsden Hospital.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Denise van Outen / Instagram