|Donna Air Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1979|
Since starting her show-business career at the age of 10, Donna Air has tried her hands at several jobs including working as a presenter, media personality, singer, and actress. After achieving significant success with her work in Byker Grove, she formed a pop duo with Jayni Hoy. Although they couldn’t achieve lasting success, it turned out to be a very lucrative project. She has also served as a presenter on TV shows such as The Big Breakfast and TFI Friday and has acted in popular TV dramas such as Hollyoaks and Hotel Babylon.
Wallsend, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Donna Air went to the St Oswald’s Catholic Primary School in Gosforth. Later, she got enrolled at the Sacred Heart Convent School on Fenham Hall Drive. She completed her secondary school education from Gosforth Academy.
She polished her acting skills from the drama school at First Act Theatre.
Media Personality, Singer, Actress, Editor
- Father – Trevor Air (Engineer)
- Mother – Marie Air (BT Receptionist)
- Siblings – Francesca Air (Younger Sister). She has another younger sibling.
Donna Air is represented by –
- The Richard Stone Partnership
- Storm Models
- Clore Clients
Electronic, Pop, Rock
Telstar, D:Pop, King Records, Robbins Entertainment, Crush Records
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Donna Air has dated –
- Jason McAteer (1999) – In 1999, Donna Air was reported to be going out with soccer player Jason McAteer. However, their romantic relationship didn’t last beyond the end of the year.
- Huey Morgan (2000) – Donna Air was linked with TV personality Huey Morgan in 2000. It was claimed that they had grown close while working on a few episodes of the talk show, TFI Friday.
- Dominic Anciano (2000) – In the early months of 2000, Donna was linked with film producer Dominic Anciano. However, she dumped him just after the release of his new movie, Love, Honour & Obey.
- Rufus Sewell (2000) – Donna was linked with actor Rufus Sewell in April 2000. Their relationship was highly discussed by the tabloids as it was revealed she had dumped Anciano for Sewell. It was even claimed that within a few minutes of dumping the movie producer, she had gone into the arms of the dashing actor.
- Jeremy Northam (2000) – Towards the end of 2000, Donna Air was going out with actor Jeremy Northam. They even made their relationship public. However, their relationship barely lasted a month and by December, they had officially separated.
- Damian Aspinall (2001-2007) – Donna Air made her relationship with businessman and conservationist, Damian Aspinall, public in 2001. Soon after, they started living together. In September 2003, she gave birth to their daughter, Freya Air Aspinall, in London. They decided to separate in 2007 and she received substantial child support from Aspinall post their separation. They had even got engaged during the course of their relationship.
- John Dorrance (2010-2011) – Donna was first linked with billionaire John Dorrance after they were seen together at the 50th birthday celebrations of New Zealand business tycoon, Eric Watson, in Istanbul. They were later seen together in London at Sir Elton John‘s ball. They dated for about a year.
- Calum Best (2011) – In September 2011, she was linked with TV personality Calum Best after they were seen leaving trendy London nightclub Mahiki together. To hoodwink the waiting press, they left separately but were seen crouching down in a chauffeur-driven Mercedes a road away.
- James Middleton (2013-2017) – Donna Air was first linked with James Middleton at the start of 2013 and they dated for a little under 5 years. She made their separation public in January 2018. In her interview, she revealed that they had separated back in December as they mutually decided to start the new year on fresh terms.
Race / Ethnicity
Donna Air has appeared in a TV commercial for Samsung Televisions in 2008.
She has worked with the Soil Association to promote organic milk. Also, she has done endorsement work for Tropicana. She has also used her social media activity to promote products and brands such as –
- Tada and Toy
- Suzannah Fashion
- Fortnum & Mason
- L.K.Bennett London
- Victoria Beckham Fashion
- The Wolseley
- Coq D’Argent Restaurant
Best Known For
- Having served as a presenter of the popular TV shows such as The Big Breakfast, TFI Friday with Huey Morgan, and Popstars: The Rivals Extra
- Having appeared in several TV dramas such as Hollyoaks and Hotel Babylon
After having appeared in popular soap opera Byker Grove, Donna Air and her fellow co-star Jayni Hoy got together to form a pop duo, Crush. In 1997, they released their debut studio album, Teenage Kicks, which was only released in Japan and shelved in the UK.
In 1998, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama movie, Still Crazy.
First TV Show
In 1992, Donna Air made her first TV show appearance in the teen series, Byker Grove. She was just 10 years old when she was cast in the show.
Donna Air isn’t a fan of slaving in the gym and she doesn’t like to work out for long hours in the fitness studios. Instead, she likes to lead an active life and do things that she really enjoys. She is very much into sports and also loves to go swimming. She has also added hiking to her routine and in the summer, she likes to go for challenging and fun hikes. Plus, she occasionally likes to perform Bikram Yoga. She is particularly keen on yoga after a heavy night.
She also doesn’t like to follow any strict diet and just tries to make sure that she is eating a relatively healthier diet. She likes to eat anything that she feels like having. But, she makes sure that she is getting it from a good place and the ingredients are of good quality. She tries to adjust in accordance with how she is feeling. If she has been eating very unhealthy food, she goes for a juice detox for a few weeks to clean her body from the inside.
Donna Air Favorite Things
- Food – Cake, Chocolate, Crisps
Source – Closer
Donna Air Facts
- When she turned 15 years old, her whole family decided to move to London so that they could support her fledgling singing career.
- Although the existence of her music band Crush was short-lived, it proved to be quite a lucrative gig for her. They toured Japan, the United States, and South-East Asia.
- She has served as an editor for the Grown in Britain cookbook.
- She once committed a blunder on air by asking the Celtic pop band, The Corrs, how they all met, as the members of the band are siblings.
- She has done extensive activism work for the British charity, Macmillan Cancer Support, which provides expert and special support to those suffering from cancer.
- She has worked with other charitable foundations such as Race for Life, Sport Relief, and Jeans for Genes.
- Visit her official website @ donnaair.com.
- Follow Donna Air on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Richard Goldschmidt / Richard Goldschmidt / CC BY 3.0