|Diane Hendricks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Year of Birth||1947|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Diane Hendricks is an American businesswoman and film producer who is best known as the co-founder, owner, and chairperson of ABC Supply Co., Inc., a major, private American roofing supply company that also sells windows, gutters, and siding for residential and commercial buildings. It is the largest roofing and vinyl siding wholesale distributor in the United States. She also owns Hendricks Holding, Inc., a privately held conglomerate that manages her and her family’s private equity investments. Diane has also produced movies such as The Stoning of Soraya M. (2008), An American Carol (2008), and Snowmen (2010).
Diane Marie Smith
Diane Hendricks was born in the year 1947.
Mondovi, Buffalo County, Wisconsin, United States
Afton, Rock County, Wisconsin, United States
Diane had attended the Osseo-Fairchild High School in Osseo, a city located in Trempealeau County, Wisconsin. She graduated from there in 1965.
Businesswoman, Film Producer
- Father – Her father was a dairy farmer.
- Mother – Her mother was a dairy farmer.
- Siblings – She has 8 sisters.
- Others – Aaron Stecker (Son-in-Law) (Professional American Football Player (Retired))
On June 18, 2023, Diane Hendricks’ net worth was $15.5 billion according to Forbes.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Diane has dated –
- Ken Hendricks (1975-2007) – Diane married an entrepreneur named Ken Hendricks in 1975 when she was selling custom-built homes and he was working as a roofing contractor. The couple became business partners and secured a loan to establish ABC Supply Co., Inc. in 1982. They were together until Ken’s untimely demise (he fell through a subfloor under construction and into the garage of his home) in December 2007. The couple had 6 children together – a son named Kevin Hendricks and 5 daughters named Kim Hendricks, Kendra Hendricks, Kathy Hendricks, Konya Schuh, and Kara Stecker. Through Kara, Diane has 2 grandchildren named Skylar Star Stecker (b. April 2002) (Singer, Actress) and Dorsett Stecker.
Diane had her first child – a son named Brent Fox – when she was just about 17 years old.
She had been divorced from her first husband (although it is not known if he was Brent’s father) for about 10 years when she first met Ken Hendricks.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Cheerful smile
- Gleaming face
Diane Hendricks Facts
- Diane grew up as one of 9 sisters on a dairy farm and had her first child when she was only 17 years old. Her and her family’s financial condition at that time meant that Diane even had to work as a Playboy Bunny (a waitress who works at a Playboy Club, a chain of nightclubs and resorts owned and operated by Playboy Enterprises, an American global media and lifestyle company), for a while, to pay her bills.
- She then changed course and was selling custom-built homes in the early 1970s. Diane’s life changed completely in 1982 when she and her husband Ken Hendricks established ABC Supply Co., Inc., a roofing supply company.
- In 2018, Forbes magazine ranked her the richest self-made woman in the United States – a position that she had maintained in 2023. By 2022, ABC Supply Co., Inc. had more than 900 branch locations in the United States and was generating more than USD 18.5 billion in revenues.
- Diane has served on the boards of several organizations in her home state of Wisconsin. She also sits on the advisory council of Rock County 5.0, an economic development organization focused on retaining and creating jobs in Rock County, Wisconsin – where she resides.
Featured Image by Crunchbase / Instagram