|Dierks Bentley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1975|
Dierks Bentley is a bona fide country singer-songwriter who has headlined a number of shows at large venues across the nation. He is well known for his hit singles like What Was I Thinkin’, Come a Little Closer, Feel That Fire, Sideways, Am I the Only One, Home, 5-1-5-0,I Hold On, Drunk on a Plane, Say You Do, Somewhere on a Beach, Different for Girls, Black, and Woman, Amen. Dierks has over 4 million followers on Facebook, more than 3 million followers on Twitter, and over 2 million followers on Instagram.
Frederick Dierks Bentley
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Dierks Bentley studied at the Culver Academies in Indiana. He then attended the prestigious private high school, The Lawrenceville School, in New Jersey and graduated in 1993.
Afterward, he joined the University of Vermont (UVM). However, he transferred to Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee and graduated in 1997.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Leon Fife Bentley (Former Vice President in a Bank) (He passed away on June 1, 2012.)
- Mother – Catherine Childs
- Siblings – Fife Bentley (Brother) (Philanthropist). He also has a sister.
Dierks Bentley is managed by –
- Coran Capshaw and Mary Hilliard Harrington, Red Light Management, Entertainment Agency in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Jay Williams, William Morris Endeavor, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Vocals, Guitar, Banjo
Dangling Rope, Capitol Nashville
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dierks Bentley has dated –
- Cassidy Black – Dierks was in an on-and-off relationship with his childhood sweetheart Cassidy Black for a while. Eventually, the couple eloped to Mexico on December 17, 2005, and got married. The two first met while they were in the 8th grade in their hometown of Phoenix, Arizona. They are blessed with 2 daughters, Evalyn Day Bentley (born October 4, 2008) and Jordan Catherine Bentley (born December 25, 2010), and a son, Knox Bentley (born October 9, 2013). His daughter Evalyn has also performed the song “Thinking of You” alongside Dierks on stage.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, part French, and Belgian ancestry.
- Tends to keep a beard
- Dimple smile
- Toned Abs
Dierks Bentley has either endorsed or promoted brands like –
- 5-Hour Energy
- Twisted Tea
Best Known For
Producing hit singles over the years including What Was I Thinkin’ (2003), Come a Little Closer (2005), Feel That Fire (2008), Sideways (2009), Am I the Only One (2011), Home (2011), 5-1-5-0 (2012), I Hold On (2013), Drunk on a Plane (2014), Say You Do (2014), Somewhere on a Beach (2016), Different for Girls (2016), Black (2016), and Woman, Amen (2018)
On August 19, 2003, he debuted with a self-titled studio album, Dierks Bentley, through Capitol Records Nashville. The album has 13 original songs.
First TV Show
In 2003, he made his first TV show appearance in the late night talk-show series, Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
Dierks Bentley maintains an active lifestyle. Often on the road touring with his band, Dierks has worked out in various gyms across the nation to maintain his fitness level. He has admitted that he has even worked out in the basement of a church.
Dierks Bentley follows a diet that boosts his energy level to help him maintain a steady streak for his on-stage performances during his tours. Rather than having a large breakfast and lunch, Dierks focuses on fueling himself adequately around 4 hours before he hits the stage. He indulges in a fulfilling dinner comprising of a large plate of salad with some source of protein. Around an hour before his concerts, he further indulges in peanut butter and jelly along with some alcohol.
Dierks Bentley Favorite Things
- Singer – George Jones
- Movie – Days of Thunder (1990)
- Sport To Play – Ice Hockey
- Sports To Watch – American Football
- Team – Tennessee Titans
Source – CMT News
Dierks Bentley Facts
- He started playing guitar at the age of 13.
- His first name is actually the last name of his mother’s maiden name.
- His first name ‘Dierks’ is pronounced as ‘Durks’.
- He has been living in Nashville, Tennessee since he was 19 years old.
- Dierks Bentley was included in the Grand Ole Opry on October 1, 2005.
- On April 18, 2003, he gave his first performance at the Grand Ole Opry.
- In 1997, he obtained his pilot license and often flies back home on his own after a concert.
- He considers himself to be more of a mountain man than a beach guy.
- He is a huge fan of bluegrass singer Ricky Skaggs.
- Visit his official website @ dierks.com.
- Follow Dierks Bentley on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Dave Hogg / Flickr / CC BY 2.0