|Dimpy Ganguli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 25, 1988|
Dimpy Ganguli is an Indian model and television personality who is best known for her important portrayal of Dipika in Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna (2010), Anjana in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (2010), and as Naagin in Kahani Chandrakanta Ki (2011). Besides that, she is also notably known for being one of the finalists on Bigg Boss Halla Bol (2015) and winning season 2 of the Indian rendition of The Bachelor titled Swayamvar‘s “Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega” in 2010. She has also taken part in a number of other reality shows including Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout (2011), Nach Baliye 5 (2012-2013), and the Box Cricket League 2 (2016).
The stunning star is also a well-accolated model who competed at the 2009 Gladrags Mega Model Manhunt and also stood #2nd place during the Sananda Tilottama beauty pageant in 2007. With time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram, more than 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
She divides her time between France and West Bengal, India.
Dimpy studied at Salt Lake School, Kolkata, West Bengal. Later, she attained an honors degree in English Literature from the Scottish Church College in Kolkata.
- Father – Saibal Ganguli
- Mother – Sushmita Ganguli
- Siblings – Koel Ganguli (Sister)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dimpy has dated –
- Neil Shah – While on Swayamvar‘s Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega in 2010, it was revealed that, Dimpy was dating a guy named Neil Shah from Queensland, Australia. This sparked an extremely intense situation between Rahul and Dimpy ever since. However, she stated, that they had broken up a year ago and Neil was obsessive about her.
- Rahul Mahajan (2010-2015) – Reality show entertainer and former pilot Rahul Mahajan and Dimpy met and married one another on the reality show Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega in 2010. Despite the complication that the two-faced on the show, the couple who was deeply in love at first started to see a downfall in their relationship due to untrustworthy statements. This led things to disturbing circumstances as not even in a year into their marriage, Dimpy alleged domestic violence against Rahul and walked out of their home in Worli. She had stated that “Rahul beat me up early on Thursday morning after waking me up to know the contents of a message that had beeped on my phone. When I asked him to go back to sleep, he flew into a rage and began hitting me. He punched, kicked and dragged me by the hair.” Thereafter, the couple stayed in the limelight for all the wrong reasons. In May 2014, Dimpy and Rahul mutually filed for immediate divorce. However, they were granted a legal divorce only in February 2015. It is said that the reason for their break up was due to a suspected extra-marital affair that she had with her now-husband Rohit Roy. Reports also suggested that Dimpy had flocked to Dubai, while Rahul continued to reside in Mumbai itself.
- Rohit Roy (2015-Present) – Shortly after her divorce with Rahul Mahajan, Dimpy got married to her childhood crush Rohit Roy who is a businessman settled in Dubai. The duo grew up in the same town and had a crush on one another during their early years. However, fate did not give them the chance to confess their feelings for one another at the time. Later, in 2013, the two bumped into one another and stayed in touch ever since. The duo began spending time and grew into liking each other. Then, in October 2015, they got engaged and the following month the couple tied the knot. Dimpy and Rohit had their first child a girl named Reanna Roy on June 20, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Bengali heritage.
- Buxom figure
- Thin lips
- High cheekbones
- Dimpled cheeks
Best Known For
- Her appearance as Dipika in Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna (2010), Anjana in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (2010), and as Naagin in Kahani Chandrakanta Ki (2011)
- Being a contestant on one of the top 5 finalists on Bigg Boss Halla Bol (2015)
- Winning Swayamvar‘s Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega in 2010
- Competing in various other shows like Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout (2011), Nach Baliye 5 (2012-2013), and the Box Cricket League 2 (2016)
- The many controversies she has been involved in
Through her social media, Dimpy has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Bolly Active
- The Moms Co.
First TV Show
Dimpy made her debut TV show appearance in a cameo role as Dipika in Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna in 2010. She was cast alongside the likes of actress Puja Banerjee, Leena Jumani, Yasir Shah, Gautam Gulati, Chahat Khanna, and many more.
During her years as an actress, Dimpy did seem to be going to the gym as she had maintained a well-toned physique.
Also, Dimpy does follow a healthy habit of eating but eats everything from non-vegetarian samosas to kebabs.
Dimpy Ganguli Facts
- She was raised in a family of Bengali heritage alongside her sister Koel Ganguli in Kolkata.
- Dimpy competed at the Gladrags Mega Model Manhunt 2009. However, in 2010, businesswoman Maureen Wadia pressed a show-cause note on her, stating that, Dimpy had lied to Maureen about following her contract of not appearing in any other show. Whereas, Dimpy was simultaneously competing on Swayamvar‘s “Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega”.
- Dimpy’s ex-husband Rahul Mahajan is the son of BJP leader Pramod Mahajan. He was previously accused of drug abuse and for physically abusing his first wife Shweta Singh who was a childhood friend of his.
- In 2007, she won #2nd place at the Sananda Tilottama beauty contest.
- Pictures of Dimpy sporting a sensual bikini at a party in 2009 surfaced on adult websites in August 2010. When sources reached out to her, she stated that she was clueless about what was happening on the internet.
- She and her now ex-husband Rahul Mahajan competed together on Nach Baliye 5. However, they were the 4th duo to be eliminated from the competition on February 23, 2013.
- The ring that Rohit Roy gave her on the day he proposed to her was from Tiffany & Co.
- Dimpy has worked with several actors such as Hina Khan, Karan Mehra, Vishal Singh, Gautam Gulati, and Puja Banerjee.
- She does consume an alcoholic beverage every now and then. However, enjoys having a beer the most.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By Dimpy Ganguli / Instagram