|DJ Premier Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
DJ Premier is an American record producer, DJ, and record executive who is widely known for having been half of the hip hop duo Gang Starr and produced numerous albums like Step In the Arena (1991), and then having gone on to form half of the hip hop pair PRhyme and produced several albums including PRhyme 2 (2018). He is the recipient of many accolades such as being placed 1st on the list of About.com for the “Top 50 Hip-Hop Producers of All Time”. Premier has amassed more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Christopher Edward Martin
Primo, DJ Premier
Houston, Texas, United States
He went to Prairie View A&M University in Texas where he honed his musical skills by being the campus DJ, along with occasionally performing with the Marching Storm band.
Record Producer, DJ, Record Executive
- Siblings – He has 2 older sisters.
Saxophone, Guitar, Bass guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Drums, Drum machine, Sampler, Turntable
- Wild Pitch Records
- Chrysalis Records
- Virgin Records
- Year Round
His net worth was $20 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
Note – He has a son who was born in 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tattoos on his body
- Wears a cap
DJ Premier Favorite Things
- Color – Blue
- Food – Mac and Cheese
Source – WordPlayMagazine.com
DJ Premier Facts
- He has also been known as Preem or Preemo.
- He was brought up in Prairie View in Texas after which he had shifted to Brooklyn in New York in his teenage years.
- Premier has recalled that growing up in Texas had been a lot of fun as he had many friends as a kid, and his friends along with those of his siblings would hang together early in his childhood. They would play games such as red light/green light, hide and go seek, cops and robbers, and Batman and Robin.
- He has been considered to be one of the greatest producers of all time, having been popular for his gritty cuts as well as hard beats. He has sampled artists on their own work and taken from several genres. In terms of his musical style, he has been known for his intense sampling of funk, jazz, and soul artists. When at the turntables, he has frequently scratched in lyrics from many different songs in order to create new phrases.
- Premier has stated that hip hop has been a culture, unlike rock which is a genre of music and not culture. He has marveled at how hip hop music originated from nothing and borrowed from everything, to develop into a sound and style. Premier has added that coming from the ghetto and the Latino and black community, it has hailed from hard times. He has been fascinated to observe how with time, hip hop grew into the fun and the kiddy types, and the regular street gangsta kind, that he has relished having related well to the pain struggles.
- Premier has believed that he has been able to stand the test of time because of his passion for his work which has been seen by his fans who became die-hard supporters of his music.
- The most-cherished places that he visited have included Australia and Amsterdam.
Featured Image by DJ Premier / Instagram