|Aquaria Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aquaria is an American drag queen, singer, dancer, model, and TV personality. She is best known for winning the 10th season of the reality-TV competition RuPaul‘s Drag Race in 2018. On June 29, 2018, she released her debut pop single, Burn Rubber.
Aquaria, Age of Aquaria
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
She studied women’s wear design at The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States. However, she dropped out after 2 semesters.
Drag Queen, Dancer, TV Personality, Singer, Model
- Father – David Palandrani (He owns Wimpy’s Original)
- Mother – Gina Palandrani (She was a payroll manager for a home health-care agency)
- Siblings – Francesca Palandrani (Younger Sister)
Aquaria is represented by –
- IMG New York (Talent Agent) in New York City, New York, United States
- Voss Events (Talent Agent, Manager, Publicist) in New York City, New York, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Dark Brown’ in the past.
She often tends to wear blue-colored contact lenses.
Aquaria has endorsed brands such as –
- MAC Cosmetics
- NYX Cosmetics
- Savage X Fenty Beauty
- Klarna US
Aquaria Favorite Things
- Pop Singers – Madonna, Lady Gaga
- Anime – Pokémon
- Personal Quote – “I don’t define drag, drag is defined by me.”
Source – Fandom.com
- Her stage name comes from her zodiac sign, Aquarius.
- Her parents were always supportive of her interests and enrolled her in dancing classes and theater as a child.
- Aquaria experimented with dressing in drag in high school and took Gigi Gorgeous as one of her makeup inspirations.
- She trained dancing for 4 years before starring on RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- Before she became part of the TV show, Aquaria was only one of 2 drag queens that had a 6-digit Instagram following, other being Eureka O’Hara.
- She started performing in drag in 2014.
- Sharon Needles, a winner of the 4th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race, is her drag mother. However, Aquaria considers her “drag mentor” and not “mother”. They were the only drag mother/daughter duo that both won a season of the TV show.
- One of her earliest supporters was Susanne Bartsch, an event producer who also supported RuPaul.
- She always knew she would audition for RuPaul’s Drag Race and was chosen on her 1st audition. She was also the youngest contestant at the age of 21.
- Aquaria was the 1st drag queen in the history of the TV show to win both the “Snatch Game” and the “Ball Challenge” within the same season.
- She was the 1st winner of the season that was safe in the 1st 3 episodes of the TV show.
- She was preceded by Sasha Velour and superseded by Yvie Oddly as the winner of the 10th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- Singer Bebe Rexha criticized her and 4 other drag queens for supposed bad behavior in July 2018. Aquaria defended herself and her friends.
- Aquaria criticized rapper Travis Scott in May 2018. Travis removed a transgender model and singer Amanda Lepore from the cover of his studio album Astroworld (2018).
- Aquaria and Violet Chachki, the winner of the 7th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race were the 1st drag queens to walk the red carpet at the 2019 Met Gala.
- In collaboration with NYX Cosmetics, she released a makeup palette collection in 2019.
- Aquaria was a part of the rotating cast of RuPaul’s Drag Race Live! show in 2019. Other drag queens were Asia O’Hara, Derrick Barry, Eureka O’Hara, Kameron Michaels, Kim Chi, Naomi Smalls, Shannel, India Ferrah, Coco Montrese, and Yvie Oddly.
Featured Image by Aquaria / Instagram