|Drew Stanton Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 7, 1984|
Drew Stanton is an American professional football player who has represented, as a quarterback, the Detroit Lions (2007–2011), the New York Jets (2012), the Indianapolis Colts (2012), the Arizona Cardinals (2013–2017), the Cleveland Browns (2018–2019), and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2020), in the NFL (National Football League). He had been selected 43rd overall, by the Detroit Lions, in the 2nd round of the 2007 NFL Draft. Over the years, he has become a fan favorite due to his extravagant touchdown dances. In February 2021, with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he had won the Super Bowl, the NFL‘s annual championship game. The match was played at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida, the home stadium of the Buccaneers, the first time that a team had played a Super Bowl in its home stadium.
Drew Emeric Stanton
Okemos, Ingham County, Michigan, United States
Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
Drew had attended the Lake Oswego High School, a public school in Lake Oswego, Oregon. After his sophomore year, he had studied at and graduated from the Harrison High School, a secondary institution in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
In 2002, he had joined the Michigan State University and had represented their Michigan State Spartans football program until the 2006 season. He had graduated from there with a major in kinesiology.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Gaylord Stanton
- Mother – Christine Stanton
- Siblings – Ben Stanton (Brother), Brynne Stanton (Sister)
He is represented by Mike McCartney, Business Manager and Agent, Priority Sports & Entertainment, Downers Grove, DuPage County, Illinois, United States.
- 5 – Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns
- 6 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
103 kg or 227 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Drew has dated –
- Kristin Schrock (2009–Present) – Drew got married to Kristin Schrock on June 27, 2009, in a ceremony in Birmingham, Michigan. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Emeric Stanton and a son named Asher Stanton.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
Drew Stanton Facts
- In his first year (2002) at Michigan State University, Drew had redshirted (a practice in US college athletics, where an athlete’s participation is delayed to lengthen their period of eligibility) the football season before serving as the team’s number 2 quarterback in 2003.
- In 2006, he had led the Michigan State Spartans to the largest point-margin comeback in NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Division I-A history. In that game, against the Northwestern Wildcats, he had accounted for 331 total yards and 3 touchdowns, helping his team come back from a 35-point 3rd-quarter deficit. He had also directed the drive that had resulted in the game-winning field goal that resulted in a 41–38 win.
- He has founded a charitable trust called the High 5ive Foundation which financially supports his 2 favorite organizations – Special Olympics and the Children’s Miracle Network. The number ‘5’ in the trust’s name is inspired by the jersey number that he sported for most of his playing career. It also represents his ambitions to host at least 5 major fundraisers every year.
Featured Image by Drew Stanton / Instagram