|Edward Barber Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 15, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Edward Barber is a Filipino-British actor, TV host, and singer who had come into the spotlight in March 2017 when he had stood 4th in Pinoy Big Brother: Lucky 7, the 7th main season (and the 13th season overall) of Pinoy Big Brother, the Philippine version of the globally popular Big Brother reality game show franchise. He has acted in films such as Loving in Tandem (2017), Da One That Ghost Away (2018), Fantastica (2018), and Princess DayaReese (2021). He has also portrayed characters such as Collin Domingo in the horror-fantasy drama TV series La Luna Sangre (2017–2018), Jake in the legal drama anthology TV show Ipaglaban Mo! (2019), and Francisco ‘Iking’ Castro in the drama TV series Hiwaga ng Kambat (2019). He has also published a solo studio album titled #E0806 (April 2019).
Edward John Abellera Barber
Cheerful Charmer of Germany
Heidelberg, Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
He holds dual nationality.
Edward had attended the European School, Karlsruhe (ESK), one of the 3 European Schools (an international school emphasizing a multilingual and multicultural pedagogical approach to teaching) in Germany and one of the 13 such schools across the European Union (a political and economic union of 27 member states that are located primarily in Europe).
He had put his education on hold when he had joined the reality TV show Pinoy Big Brother: Lucky 7 in mid-2016. He has stated that he would like to resume his studies and pursue courses in film, literature, or psychology.
Actor, TV Host, Singer
- Father – Kevin Barber (Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Cathy Barber (née Abellera)
- Siblings – Laura Anika Barber (Older Sister)
He is represented by Star Magic, Talent Management Agency, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He is of British-German descent on his father’s side and Filipino descent on his mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Slightly overgrown, side-parted hair
- Charming smile
- Clean-shaven look
Edward, along with Filipina actress, singer, TV host, and model Maymay Entrata, has endorsed brands and products such as –
- Creamy McFreeze (a McDonald‘s product)
- Bench (a Filipino clothing brand)
- NEW Ariel (a product of Ariel Philippines)
- Vivo Philippines
- TikTok Philippines
- Lay’s Wavy
- Selecta Cornetto
In June 2018, he was appointed a brand ambassador of Coca-Cola Beverages Philippines, Inc.
Edward Barber Facts
- While he was studying at the European School, Karlsruhe, he had developed an interest in acting after he had joined the school’s extra-curricular activities group.
- His favorite subject at school was English which had piqued his interest in both reading and writing.
- He was also a competent soccer player and used to play with his friends after school, every Friday, but had to quit after several instances of bullying.
- In December 2017, Edward, his sister Laura, and Maymay Entrata had launched a charitable organization. It was named ELM Tree Foundation, using the initials of their first names.
- He runs a self-titled YouTube channel where he has amassed more than 40k subscribers and where he often posts his music videos.
Featured Image by Edward Barber / Instagram