|Elavenil Valarivan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Elavenil Valarivan is an Indian shooter who represented India at the 2018 ISSF Junior World Cup where she won a gold medal. She also bagged a silver at the 2019 world university Games, furthermore attaining a gold at World Junior World Cup Suhl 2019.
Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu, India
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
According to sources, she had been pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature in the past.
Elavenil has trained under the watchful eyes of Neha Chavan, Deepali Deshpande, and Deepak Dubey.
- Father – Valarivan Ruthrapathy (Scientist, Alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology, Madras)
- Mother – Saroja Valarivan (Teacher)
- Siblings – Ereivan Valarivan (Brother) (Captain in the Indian Army)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- Petite stature
Elavenil Valarivan Facts
- She was born and brought up in Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu.
- Elavenil finished in first place at the 2019 ISSF 10-meter Air Rifle world cup held in Rio de Janeiro with a score of 251.7.
- At the ISSF World Cup in Munich, Shooting World Cup 2019 she made it into the final four with a score of 208.3.
- Elavenil won two Junior World Cups in 2018 in the 10m air rifle women’s division.
- Aside from shooting, she is also enthusiastic about playing badminton.
- Both of her parents are Ph.D. Scholars.
- Elavenil has stated that both of her parents are supportive and encouraging.
Featured Image By Elavenil Valarivan / BBC World Service India Pvt. Ltd. / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0