|Eleni Foureira Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1987|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Eleni Foureira is a Greek-Albanian singer, actress, and dancer who started her career with the all-girl Greek band Mystique in 2007. She embarked on a solo career in 2009 after the group’s disintegration and released her self-titled debut studio album in 2010 which went on to earn ‘Platinum’ certification in Greece. Her subsequent albums also peaked in the ‘Top 10’ of the Greek charts – Ti Poniro Mou Zitas (2012, 7th), Anemos Agapis (2014, 3rd), and Vasilissa (2017, 1st) – the last of which also earned ‘Platinum’ certification in Greece. Her 1st EP called Gypsy Woman was launched in May 2019. In 2018, she performed the song Fuego at the annual Eurovision Song Contest where she represented Cyprus. She finished the competition overall in 2nd place and it was the best result that Cyprus had achieved in the competition until then. The track became a viral hit across Europe and peaked at number 1 in both Greece and Spain and was certified ‘Platinum’ in Spain.
Eleni Foureira, Pop Queen of Greek Music
Fier, Fier County, Albania
She holds dual nationality.
Singer, Actress, Dancer
- Father – Kristaq Fureraj (Construction Worker)
- Mother – Marjeta Fureraj (Seamstress)
- Siblings – Ioanna Fureraj (Sister), Margarita Fureraj (Sister), Giorgos Fureraj (Brother)
She is represented by –
- Lena Papadopoulou, PR Agent, Panik Records, Athens, Greece
- Charalampos Papatzanis, Booking Agent, Panik Records, Athens, Greece
Laïko, Pop, Dance-Pop
- Universal Music Greece
- Minos EMI
- Panik Records
- Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Eleni has dated –
- Georgios Samaras (2013-2014)
- Alberto Botia (2016-2020)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Greek, South Italian, Balkan (Albanian), and Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Has a tattoo on her right ankle and another on her right wrist
- Charming smile
Eleni Foureira Facts
- As a child, Eleni, with her family, had fled Albania due to the Albanian Civil Unrest of 1997. She then grew up in the Kallithea neighborhood of Athens. She began learning music as a teenager and had also worked in a theatre for 3 years.
- Other than her outstanding success at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018, she had also competed in Greece in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010, where too she had finished as the runner-up.
- She has featured as a contestant/judge on several competition-based reality TV shows in Greece. She served as one of the judges in the 3rd season of the Greek edition of So You Think You Can Dance (2017) and the 1st season of the Greek edition of The Final Four (2019).
- Until 2014, she had hidden her Albanian ancestry from the Greek public at large. She revealed that she had done this so that she could be accepted in the Greek music industry and to avoid the widely prevalent Albanophobia in Greece.
- She was involved in a related controversy during the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 after she had made the ‘Albanian patriotic eagle gesture’ in a picture with Albanian singer Eugent Bushpepa. The gesture was received well in Albania but caused quite a stir in Greece.
Featured Image by Eleni Foureira / Instagram