|Elina Svitolina Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1994|
Elina Svitolina is a Ukrainian professional tennis player known for reaching a ranking of No. 3 in 2017. Elina began playing tennis at the age of 5. She has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Nike, Wilson, Superior Golf & Spa Resort, POUSTOVIT. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 300k followers on Facebook, and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Elina Svitolina attended the Children and Youth Sports School of Olympic Reserve.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Mikhaylo Svitolin (Former Wrestler)
- Mother – Olena Svitolina (Former Competitive Rower)
- Siblings – Yulian Svitolin (Brother) (Former Pro Tennis Player, Full-time Tennis Coach)
Elina Svitolina is signed up with Top Five Management.
Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elina Svitolina has dated –
- Reece Topley (2016-Present) – Hampshire and England-based bowler Reece Topley and Elina Svitolina met at the Chiswick Riverside gym in London in 2016 while she was preparing for her game in Montreal. She instantly fell for him and they started dating.
Race / Ethnicity
- Piercing on the Tragus part of her ears
- Oval facial structure
- Green eyes
Elina Svitolina has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Superior Golf & Spa Resort
- Ulysse Nardin
- Jan Niche Concept
- EMPIRE Tennis Academy
She has not spoken about her religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
- Reaching a ranking of #3 on September 11, 2017
- Winning the Dubai Tennis Championship, Italian Open, and Canadian Open in 2017
- Becoming the first Ukrainian woman to break into the top 10 rankings in February 2017
First Tennis Match
Elina Svitolina played her debut match at Trofeul D Sturdza, Chisinau, Moldova in 2008.
Elina Svitolina has not made an appearance in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of her tennis matches, she has not appeared on any TV show yet.
Elina is coached by Thierry Ascione and Andrew Bettles. She believes that the bigger picture in life is to improve every day and to stay healthy. As a part of the daily workout, Elina does a lot of freehand exercises and pursues boxing as well. In order to strengthen her lower body muscles, she does exercises such as squats, hip thrusts, deadlifts, and some full body workouts with her fitness trainer.
She also makes sure that she eats well and rests enough.
Elina Svitolina Favorite Things
- Writer – Nicholas Sparks
- Sports – Tennis, Wake-boarding, Soccer
- Genre – Hip Hop
- Singer – Eminem, Michael Jackson
- Boxers – Klitschko brothers
- Tournament – US Open
- Actor – Johnny Depp
- Food – Chinese
- City – New York
- Surfaces – Grass and Clay
Source – Svitolina.com
Elina Svitolina Facts
- She started playing tennis at the age of 5.
- Her biggest motivation to strive to the top at an early age was watching her brother Yulian’s tennis matches.
- At the age of 13, businessman Yuriy Sapronov sponsored Elina and her family to shift to Kharkiv, Ukraine, and train Svitolina.
- In 2009, she won the Roland Garros girls’ title at the age of 15. After Elina won the Roland Garros girls’ title, she made it her ambition to win all 4 Grand Slams.
- Elina’s tennis inspiration is derived from tennis players Andre Agassi, Roger Federer, Serena Williams, and Kim Clijsters.
- In 2016, Svitolina appointed former world no. 1 Justine Henin as a member of the coaching team, whom she later replaced for Thierry Ascione.
- She became one of the leaders of aces and first-serve points in 2018.
- Her biggest achievement was in 2010 after winning the French Open girl’s event.
- In May 2010, Elina made her professional singles final debut at the ITF $25,000 tournament in Kharkiv.
- Elina was featured on the cover page of Ukrainian magazine, ‘XXL’ in December 2017.
- Elina suffered from a hip injury during her final match in Brisbane in January 2018.
- Visit her official website @ svitolina.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Andrew Campbell / Flickr / CC BY-2.0