|Elise Strachan Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|January 17, 1982
Elise Strachan is an Australian YouTuber, chef, social media influencer, author, entrepreneur, and TV personality who is best known for her baking-based YouTube channel titled MyCupcakeaddiction where she posts baking and decorating tutorials along with party planning videos, travel videos, and DIY videos. With more than 3.5 million subscribers, the channel is often considered among the ‘Top 5’ most followed food-based YouTube accounts in the world. The channel started in 2011, also serves as a platform for novice bakers and homemakers to learn techniques and skills without the need to attend a fancy baking school. Elise is popular on other social media platforms as well with more than 100k followers on Twitter and more than 1 million followers on Instagram. She has authored the books Cupcake Addiction Recipe Book – the Recipes Behind the YouTube Channel (2013) and Sweet! Celebrations: A My Cupcake Addiction Cookbook (2016) and has served as the baking editor for the online lifestyle publication called The Carousel. She has also hosted the Food Network TV show, Sweet Smarts. and the SBS show, The Sweet Life.
She splits her time between Gold Coast, Brisbane, Australia, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
YouTuber, Chef, Social Media Influencer, Author, Entrepreneur, TV Personality
- Siblings – Luke (Younger Brother). She also has an older sister.
She self-manages her bookings and inquiries.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elise has dated –
- Alec (2006–Present) – Elise and Alec got married in December 2006 and they have 2 sons together named Oliver (b. 2011) and Jacob (b. 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite frame
- Charming smile
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
Elise Strachan Facts
- She had revealed in an interview that she would often be bullied at school and used to hunt for an outlet to express herself. Elise discovered that in bakery and cooking as she could lose herself for up to 2 hours in the baking process and forget all her stress. She went on to become a trained pastry chef.
- However, before opening her own cupcake shop and bakery business, she had worked as a flight attendant for the Melbourne-based airline Jetstar. She had also worked as a part-time receptionist after opening her business, to supplement her income.
- When she had launched her YouTube channel in 2011, her objective was to attract more customers to her bakery business so that she could sell more of her customized wedding cakes. However, within 2 years of launching the channel, her popularity had soared so much that she was receiving many more requests for selfies and autographs than for baking orders.
- To reach a truly global audience, she has translated the content of her channel in both Japanese and Spanish. She has stated that she would aim to extend it to Arabic and Portuguese as well before exploring even more languages.
Featured Image by Elise Strachan / Instagram