|Niko Omilana Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Niko Omilana is British YouTuber and social media influencer who is best known for his self-titled YouTube channel where he posts skits, challenge videos, parody videos, and stunts, and where he has amassed more than 4 million subscribers. He is popular on other social media platforms as well with more than 650k followers on Twitter and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram. He is the founder of the Niko Defence League, a parody of the far-right social movement and pressure group English Defence League. This was started after he had uploaded a series of videos in which he had infiltrated and pranked far-right organizations and politicians.
Staffordshire, West Midlands, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
YouTuber, Social Media Influencer
- Siblings – He has a younger brother and a younger sister.
He is represented by Grace O’Reilly, Manager and Agent, Psyclone, Social Media Talent Management Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Nigerian descent.
- Slender frame
- Side-cropped, curly hair
- Sports a thin beard
Niko Omilana Facts
- He had caused a stir when he had announced that he would be participating in the 2021 London mayoral elections. A Twitter video that he had uploaded announcing this decision had been viewed more than 1.7 million times. His decision had divided his fanbase sharply as some felt that he was providing a fresh alternative to young voters fed up with traditional politics while many others felt that a joke candidacy like this would reduce the credibility of the mayoral elections and only hurt the prospects of serious candidates from the major political parties.
- Within 3 weeks of launching his campaign, though, a poll had shown that he was in 5th place with 5% of the respondents stating that he would be their first preference. Despite his reputation as a prankster, he had mentioned that he was serious about his campaign and it was not a publicity stunt. During his campaign, he had also converted a classic double-decker London bus into a restaurant that was driven across the city, welcoming prospective voters on for a hot meal. He had matched the funds raised through this and donated the total amount to the 4Front Project, an organization that addresses youth violence.
- With 20 candidates announcing their campaigns, this had become the most fiercely contested election in London’s mayoral history. Another election poll by ITV London News had shown that he was the second-most-popular choice for voters between the ages of 18 and 24. A formidable 12% of voters polled between the ages of 25 and 34 had also said they would vote for him.
- He eventually finished in 5th place in the actual election with 49,638 votes, which made him the highest-placed independent candidate in the election. Although he lost his deposit, securing just about 2% of the overall vote, it was an impressive feat for the first-time candidate.
- Before starting his journey on YouTube, he used to work for the internet media and entertainment company BuzzFeed.
Featured Image by Niko Omilana / Instagram