|Salman of Saudi Arabia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 31, 1935|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Salman of Saudi Arabia became the King of Saudi Arabia in 2015 and served as the Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia from 2015 to 2022.
Salman of Saudi Arabia
Salman bin Abdulaziz bin Abdul Rahman
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Salman of Saudi Arabia studied at Princes’ School in Riyadh.
King of Saudi Arabia, Former Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia
- Father – Abdulaziz of Saudi Arabia (Arab political and religious leader who founded Saudi Arabia and reigned as its first king from September 23, 1932, until his death in 1953)
- Mother – Hussa bint Ahmed Al Sudairi (Member of the Saudi Royal Family)
- Siblings – Fahd of Saudi Arabia (Older brother) (King and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia from June 13, 1982, until his death in 2005), Sultan bin Abdulaziz (Older Brother) (Saudi defense minister from 1963 to 2011 and the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia from 2005 to 2011), Abdul Rahman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (Older Brother) (A senior member of the House of Saud and Saudi Arabian deputy minister of defense and aviation), Nayef bin Abdulaziz (Older Brother) (Crown prince of Saudi Arabia and deputy prime minister from October 2011 and the minister of interior from October 1975 until his death in June 2012), Turki II bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (Older Brother) (Politician, Businessperson), Ahmed bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (Younger Brother) (A member of House of Saud who served as deputy minister of interior from 1975 to 2012 and briefly as minister of interior in 2012)
- Others – Abdul Rahman bin Faisal Al Saud (Paternal Grandfather) (the last emir of Nejd, reigning from 1875 to 1876 and from 1889 to 1891), Sara bint Ahmed Al Sudairi (Paternal Grandmother) (Member of the Saudi Royal Family), Ahmed bin Muhammed Al Sudairi (Maternal Grandfather) (A powerful chief of the Sudairi tribe), Sharifa bint Ali bin Mohammed Al Suwaidi (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Salman of Saudi Arabia has dated –
- Sultana bint Turki Al Sudairi (1954-2011) – He married Sultana bint Turki Al Sudairi (daughter of his maternal uncle Turki bin Ahmad Al Sudairi) in 1954 and she gave birth to their 6 children – sons Fahd bin Salman Al Saud (1955 – July 25, 2001), Sultan bin Salman Al Saud (b. June 27, 1956), Ahmed bin Salman Al Saud (November 17, 1958 – July 22, 2002), Abdulaziz bin Salman Al Saud (b. 1960), and Faisal bin Salman Al Saud (b. December 25, 1970) and a daughter named Hassa bint Salman Al Saud (b. 1974). Sultana bint Turki Al Sudairi died in 2011.
- Sarah bint Faisal Al Subai’ai – His 2nd wife was Sarah bint Faisal Al Subai’ai but the marriage ended in divorce. They have a son named Saud bin Salman Al Saud (b. December 28, 1986).
- Fahda bint Falah Al Hithlain – His 3rd wife is Fahda bint Falah Al Hithlain and they have 6 sons – Mohammed bin Salman (b. August 31, 1985), Turki bin Salman Al Saud (b. 1987), Khalid bin Salman Al Saud (b. 1988), Prince Nayef, Prince Bandar, and Prince Rakan. Reportedly, King Salman has been kept apart from his wife for several years on the orders of their son Mohammed bin Salman.
Race / Ethnicity
Salman of Saudi Arabia is of Arab descent.
Salt and Pepper
Salman of Saudi Arabia Facts
- He grew up in the Murabba Palace.
- Salman and his 6 full brothers make up the Sudairi Seven.
- In 2013, Salman of Saudi Arabia received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Al-Turath Charity Foundation in the field of urban heritage.
- It has been reported that he has mild vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s dementia.
Featured Image by U.S. Department of State / Flickr / Public Domain