|Jane Horrocks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1964|
Jane Horrocks is an English actress, singer, voice actress, and musician who is best known for her appearance as Bubble and Katy Grin in the sitcom Absolutely Fabulous (1992–2016). Besides that, Jane has also been cast in numerous films and shows such as Little Voice (1998), The Witches (1990), Life Is Sweet (1990), Chicken Run (2000), Corpse Bride (2005), and Sunshine on Leith (2013).
Barbara Jane Horrocks
Rawtenstall, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
Twickenham, London, England, United Kingdom
Jane studied at the Balladen County Primary School in Balladen, Rosendale. Thereafter, she joined the Oldham College in Greater Manchester and furthered her training in acting at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Actress, Singer, Musician, Voice Actress
- Father – John Horrocks (Sales Representative)
- Mother – Barbara Ashworth (Hospital Worker)
- Siblings – Clyde Horrocks (Older Brother), Allistair Horrocks (Older Brother)
Jane is represented by Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
Pop, Alternative, Swing
In the past, she had released her music with the record label Parlophone Records Ltd.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jane has dated –
- Sam Mendes
- Nick Vivian (1996-Present) – They have a son named, Dylan and a daughter named, Molly.
Race / Ethnicity
- Strong Lancashire accent
- Her short blonde hair that falls over her forehead
She appeared in commercials for the supermarket brand, Tesco for more than 10 years.
Jane Horrocks Facts
- She is the youngest of 3 siblings born to Barbara and John Horrocks.
- Her career as an actress began with the crew at the Royal Shakespeare Company. However, she left after completing a year.
- Jane grew up with a passion for music and would often perform at her school.
- She was a shy person and had a friend named Patsy.
- The highlight of her career came with the 1990 film Life Is Sweet starring Alison Steadman, Jim Broadbent, Claire Skinner, and Timothy Spall.
- According to sources, it was Jane’s amazing ability to do singing impressions of American singer and songwriters like Judy Garland, Shirley Bassey, and Ethel Merman that influenced well-known playwright Jim Cartwright to pen down The Rise and Fall of Little Voice.
- In 1992, she won her first major award, the Laurence Olivier Award for “Best Actress” for her “1992 West End production” of The Rise and Fall of Little Voice which was directed by her at the time beau Sam Mendes.
- She got her big break with her renowned appearance as the titular character in the film adaptation titled Little Voice. Jane was nominated for a Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award, Satellite Award, and the Screen Actors Guild Award.
- In the year of 2000, she collaborated along with actor and singer Ewan McGregor, Robbie Williams, and Dean Martin to release the CD titled Further Adventures of Little Voice.
- She has released 2 singles titled Isolation (2013) and Life Is a Pigsty (2014).
- Jane voiced the Tubby Phone on the popular Teletubbies show.
- She once stated that she was academically weak and would ask her brother to help her with school work.
Featured Image By Jane Horrocks / Instagram