|James Middleton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1987|
James Middleton is an English entrepreneur who has also worked as a tour guide and is a member of the Middleton family. He is also known for being the younger brother of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. He made his first TV show appearance in an episode, titled Today at the Royal Wedding, of the news talk-show series, Today, in 2011. At the wedding of his sister Catherine and Prince William, he gave a reading of the lesson, Epistle to the Romans chapter 12, verses 1–2 and 9–18, from the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible at Westminster Abbey in London, United Kingdom. He adores his niece and nephews and has claimed that he wants to be their fun uncle. James Middleton is also a major dog lover and pets a pack of dogs whom he considers as his children. As an entrepreneur, he has ventured out in various businesses and has registered companies named Nice Cakes, Nice Wine, and Nice Group London. He also founded Boomf in 2013, a company that makes personalized greeting cards. With his royal connections and a happening life, James Middleton has also managed to accumulate a huge social media fan base with more than 150k followers on Instagram.
James William Middleton
Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
James Middleton studied in St Andrew’s School located in Pangbourne, Berkshire. After that, he went on to study at Marlborough College, an independent boarding and day school situated in Marlborough, Wiltshire.
Later, in 2006, James Middleton got enrolled at the University of Edinburgh. However, he dropped out after a year and later revealed in an interview that “Within a few weeks, I knew it wasn’t where I wanted to be. I was always looking for business ideas”.
Entrepreneur, Tour Guide
- Father – Michael Francis Middleton (Former British Airways Flight Dispatcher)
- Mother – Carole Elizabeth Goldsmith (Former Flight Attendant, Businesswoman)
- Siblings – Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (Older Sister) (Former Catalog Photographer, Web Designer, Marketing Officer for her parents’ firm Party Pieces, Member of the British Royal Family), Pippa Middleton (Older Sister) (Socialite, Columnist, Author)
- Others – Peter Francis Middleton (Paternal Grandfather) (Pilot), Richard Noel Middleton (Paternal Great Grandfather), Olive Christiana Lupton (Paternal Great Grandmother), Valerie Glassborow (Paternal Grandmother), Frederick George Glassborow (Paternal Great Grandfather), Constance Robison (Paternal Great Grandmother), Ronald John James Goldsmith (Maternal Grandfather), Stephen Charles Goldsmith (Maternal Great Grandfather), Edith Eliza Chandler (Maternal Great Grandmother), Dorothy Harrison (Maternal Grandmother), Thomas Harrison (Maternal Great Grandfather), Elizabeth Mary Temple (Maternal Great Grandmother), Gary Goldsmith (Maternal Uncle) (IT Recruitment Multi-Millionaire), Richard (Paternal Uncle), Adam Middleton (Paternal Cousin), Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (Brother-In-Law, Catherine’s Husband) (Member of the British Royal Family), Prince George of Cambridge (Nephew, Catherine and Prince William’s Oldest Son) (Member of the British Royal Family), Princess Charlotte of Cambridge (Niece, Catherine and Prince William’s Daughter) (Member of the British Royal Family), Prince Louis of Cambridge (Nephew, Catherine and Prince William’s son) (Member of the British Royal Family), James Matthews (Brother-In-Law, Pippa’s Husband) (Former Professional Racing Driver, Hedge Fund Manager, Heir to the Scottish Feudal Title of Laird of Glen Affric), Arthur Michael William Matthews (Nephew, Pippa and James Matthews’ Son)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Middleton has dated –
- Georgia Toffolo – James went out with TV star and media personality, Georgia Toffolo, in the past. Later, they had to part ways because, at that time, Georgia Toffolo wanted to focus on her career in the entertainment industry. However, in 2017, it was confirmed by her that the duo was once again back together. The second chance at their relationship only lasted for a while as, by the end of the year, they had reportedly been separated and she started focusing on the survival reality show, I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!. It was also speculated that James cheated on her while they were in a relationship.
- Donna Air (2013-2017) – It was during the start of the year 2013 that James Middleton and media personality, singer, actress, and editor, Donna Air, were linked together by a couple of sources. The duo went out for around 5 years before breaking up and Donna Air later revealed in an interview that they had already parted ways before they made their separation official in January 2018. They broke up in December 2017 so that they could start the New Year afresh.
- Alizee Thevenet – James Middleton then started a relationship with Alizee Thevenet who is a financial expert and has worked as an analyst for ITG (Investment Technology Group). After that, they were spotted together on several occasions and the couple also spent time together at a family getaway in St. Barths. In October 2019, James shared the engagement news with his Instagram followers.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Scottish, and French descent.
- Bushy Beard
- Receding Hairline
- Lean physique
Anglicanism / Episcopalism
Best Known For
Being the younger brother of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
First TV Show
James Middleton made his first TV show appearance as himself in an episode, titled Today at the Royal Wedding, of the news talk-show series, Today, in 2011.
James Middleton lives an active life and has maintained a stunning body. He stays in shape by indulging in outdoor activities like running and hiking.
James Middleton Facts
- He grew up in Bucklebury, Berkshire, England along with his 2 sisters.
- James Middleton is the youngest of the 3 siblings.
- His father comes from a line of solicitors residing in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
- Olive Middleton, one of James’s great grandmothers, comes from the Lupton family which is described by the City of Leeds archives as “landed gentry; a business and political dynasty”.
- His maternal ancestors were laborers and miners from County Durham, North East England.
- He has revealed that he suffers from dyslexia and it was in order to spread awareness about the condition, that he opened up about his personal struggles with dyslexia.
- In January 2019, James Middleton also communicated about his struggles with depression and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a mental disorder characterized by difficulty in paying attention, excessive activity, and behavior without regards to consequences which is not appropriate for a person’s age.
- He once started a cake-making business. His inspiration for the business came after reading that a mother’s baking is a highly evocative childhood memory. The intention behind the entire business was to supply adequate baking kits with appropriate ingredients to home bakers who can try something as eccentric as a football cake.
- Starting from the family kitchen, the enterprise soon expanded into a freight container and converted barns and it was his parent’s company, Party Pieces, that helped in the distribution of the birthday cake baking kits.
- The company prepared themed caked for some big companies like Jigsaw, 3, and Ralph Lauren.
- James Middleton also participated in a Hello magazine photoshoot for which he was required to bake 21 different cakes commemorating the magazine’s 21st birthday and each one of the cakes was supposed to be iced with one of the magazine’s memorable front covers – amongst them, several members of the Royal family, including Diana, Princess of Wales.
- The company also got him Smarta 100 and Haines Watts Young Entrepreneur awards.
- It was in April 2011 that he got registered 3 more business enterprises, namely, Nice Cakes, Nice Wine, and Nice Group London, with a motive to expand the Cake Kit Company.
- In 2013, James Middleton founded Boomf, a company focused on preparing personalized greeting cards. However, it was reported that the company suffered a loss of £3 million between 2015 and 2018.
- He has worked as a tour guide at a Scottish hotel which is managed in collaboration with the Oetker Collection.
- In September 2018, James Middleton also hosted several deer stalking parties at the 10,000 acres Glen Affric estate, owned by Pippa Middleton’s father-in-law, David Matthews.
- On April 29, 2011, he gave a reading of the lesson, Epistle to the Romans chapter 12, verses 1–2 and 9–18, from the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible at Westminster Abbey in London, United Kingdom on the occasion of the wedding of his older sister Catherine to Prince William.
- When Catherine started dating Prince William, James Middleton used to wake up early in the morning in order to collect all the newspapers and rip out all the stories related to his sister so that no one would talk about them later.
- He celebrated the birth of Catherine and Prince William’s daughter, Princess Charlotte, with a glass of pink champagne and posted a picture on Instagram.
- James Middleton loves dogs and pets a pack of dogs and has named them Ella, Zulu, Inka, Luna, and Mabel.
- He once revealed in an interview that his mother does not approve of his beard and wants him to get rid of it.
- Follow James Middleton on Instagram.
Featured Image by James Middleton / Instagram