|Elley Duhé Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1992|
Elley Duhé is an American singer, songwriter, and TV personality best known as a featured artist on a single Happy Now made in collaboration with Russian-German music producer Zedd and released in July 2018. The single reached #90 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and also attained a certified “Gold” rating by RIAA. She began her career as a solo singer and songwriter in October 2016 with her debut single Millennium, made with music producer Tarro. The single was noticed by a large audience and has amassed more than 2 million views on YouTube and streamed more than 1.5 million times on Spotify. Her 2nd single released in December of the same year titled Immortal premiered via Billboard, reached a number of 4.5 million Spotify streams and was also remixed by 2 British DJs known as Snakehips.
In 2017, Elley released 2 follow-up singles titled Fly, produced by Christina Milian and Lil Wayne in July as well as Can You Touch, released in August. Before Happy Now brought her worldwide attention, she also released a single titled Lost My Mind, which was the 1st track form her then-upcoming EP, Dragon Mentality. The album was released on August 10, 2018, featuring 6 other tracks with the most prominent one also being Way Down Low. A week earlier, on August 3, 2018, Elley was also featured on the hit single Tie Me Down from Gryffin’s debut EP, Gravity. In June 2019, Elley was also a featured artist on a single titled Easy, performed by Kyd the Band.
Mobile, Alabama, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Dauphin Island, Alabama, United States
She dropped out of high school but got her GED (General Educational Development) certification in Austin, Texas, United States while she worked on her music career.
Singer, Songwriter, TV Personality
- Father – He was a musician and a high school history teacher.
Elley Duhé is represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in the United States
- Not Fit For Society (Manager) in the United States
Pop, Electro-Pop, Indie Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
A Creative Music Group/RCA Records/Sony Music Group
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Blonde’ and ‘Light Brown’ in the past.
Best Known For
- Her hit single with music producer Zedd titled Happy Now, released on July 18, 2018
- Her debut EP, Dragon Mentality in August 2018
- Having a large social media fanbase with more than 100k followers on Instagram
As a Singer
Elley Duhé began her solo career in October 2016 with the release of her debut single, Millennium, in collaboration with a music producer Tarro. Only a few months later, in December 2016, Billboard premiered her 2nd single Immortal, which was streamed more than 4.5 million times on Spotify, and even motivated a DJ duo named Snakehips to make a remix which has amassed more than 800k streams on Spotify separately.
The year of 2017 saw the release of 2 original singles titled Fly in July and Can You Touch in August. Elley experienced a massive boom in her career in 2018, 1st with a single Lost My Mind and an announcement of her debut EP. In July 2018, she was picked by one of the most popular DJ/music producers that year, Zedd to collaborate on his song Happy Now. The song charted highly worldwide, taking 90th place on Billboard Hot 100, 8th place on Billboard Hot Dance/Electronic Songs, and 30th on Billboard Mainstream Top 40 charts. A month later, on August 3, 2018, she released a collaborative song with DJ Gryffin, titled Tie Me Down.
Elley released her debut EP, Dragon Mentality on August 10, 2018, via RCA Records, which consisted of an already released single Lost My Mind but also Way Down Low, Fever, Counterfeit, $$$$, Savior, and Starz. In 2018, she was also a featured artist on a track titled Us by Kid Ink, which was featured on the soundtrack for the movie Uncle Drew (2018) with Shaquille O’Neal in the lead role. Elley also collaborated with Kyd the Band on a track titled Easy in June 2019.
First TV Show
Elley Duhé made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode titled Ben Stiller/Marina de Tavira/Yalitza Aparicio/Gryffin and Elley Duhe of the comedy, music, talk-show series Jimmy Kimmel Live! in December 2018.
Elley Duhé Favorite Things
Food – Meatballs
Source – Twitter
Elley Duhé Facts
- Her last name has French origin.
- She believes that you need to put in the work 1st and that God will help you on your path. She’s also very interested in Bhagavad Gita, a 700-verse Sanskrit scripture from Mahabharata, which is one of 2 ancient Indian epics.
- Elley describes herself as “melomaniac” – a person with an abnormal fondness of music.
- She grew up on the Gulf coast between 2 cities and states separated by a distance of around 45 minutes by vehicle. Those were Vancleave, Mississippi, and Dauphin Island, Alabama, United States.
- Elley comes from a musical family and used to jam with her father and her uncles. One uncle would play the bass guitar, others would pick up drums, and her dad would play his guitar, while others, including her, used to sing and dance late into the night.
- Elley distinctly remembers growing up near the ocean, eating seafood, and listening to jazz, blues, and classic rock music performed by musicians who came from a nearby town of New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
- Her dad bought Elley her 1st guitar when she was 14 years old. The very next year, she began to play and sing at coffee shops. Those opportunities helped her get in touch with songwriters from Nashville, Austin, and Los Angeles, which significantly helped her nurture her talent.
- At the age of 17, a bully in high school badgered her so much that she decided to drop out and pursue music. Both of her parents saw she was unhappy and supported her decision.
- She has a habit of singing and playing the song Grandma’s Hands by Bill Withers whenever she starts missing her grandmother.
- She has demonstrated a very good aim when shooting a rifle.
- OnesToWatch called her voice “the lovechild of Ellie Goulding and Sia” and praised the sultry rasp in her voice as the perfect pair with pop/EDM tracks she makes.
- Whenever she needs to relax and unwind, she gets a temple/forehead massage.
- Elley has been battling depression for most of her life. One of the problems she has is that she loves too easily. Elley has tried utilizing Kundalini yoga and meditation instead of taking medication and seeing a therapist to treat it.
- She rarely uses the word “boo” because it sounds weird when she says it.
- Elley often talks in code, sometimes even to herself.
- Zedd created the “most organic sounding song” with his single Happy Now (2018). Besides deciding that Elley’s vocals would be perfect, he also decided to make the majority of music using real instruments, instead of synthetic ones, generated on his computer.
- Visit her official website @ elleyduhe.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, SoundCloud, Apple Music, and Spotify.
Featured Image by Justin Higuchi / Flickr / CC BY-2.0