|Emily Skye Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 7, 1985|
Emily Skye is an Australian fitness model, health guru, and YouTuber best known for her health and fitness training. Her insecurities are what got her into the profession of modeling to find her self-worth and later, focusing on improving her lifestyle. She has graced the cover of Women’s Health magazine in June 2017 and has been featured in several editorials such as BBC, Today, and HuffPost for her physique and progress. Emily has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 100k subscribers, to which she uploads videos of tutorials, challenges, tags, and workout routines. She has more than 3 million followers on Instagram and more than 11 million followers on Facebook.
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
She divides her time between Australia and the United States.
Details about Emily’s education are unknown.
Fitness Professional, Model, Wellness Coach
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Elise Skye (Sister)
Emily manages her career herself.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Skye has dated –
- Declan Redmond (2013-Present) – Emily and Declan started dating in 2013. They had their first child named Mia Elise Redmond on December 18, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beautiful eyes
- Athletic body
- Wide smile
Emily has done endorsement work for several brands such as Lucozade Sport FitWater.
Best Known For
- Her social media influence through YouTube and Instagram
- Running her own fitness program on her website Emily Skye Fit which allows people to maintain a healthy life anywhere through several online lifestyle programs like strength and weight training, stretching, nutritional, and beauty classes
First TV Show
Emily made her first TV show appearance as herself on the news and talk-show Today in 2016.
While focusing on her arms, legs, butt, and core area, Emily believes that maintaining the right posture is much more crucial than lifting heavier weight. This is why she prefers to do lesser reps and more sets while maintaining a steady speed and controlled movements during her circuit workouts.
She does not focus on building size and instead pays more attention to building a lean and toned core and athletic figure.
In order to kick off her workout session, she begins with warm-up exercises which include knee raise, leg raise, thigh muscle stretches, and crunches. She does 10 reps on the left and follows the same pattern on the right in 1 set. She then ends with ‘crab walks’ while walking 6 steps to the right and 6 steps to the left. For the upper body, Emily does moderate neck, shoulders, and arm stretches.
After warming up, she moves on to doing her full body circuit workout. Emily does not take breaks between each exercise that she performs, allowing her to burn more fat while staying in focus. She performs exercises such as –
- Bicep Curls – 10×10
- Tricep Extensions – 10×10
- V-ups – 20×10
- Kettlebell Swings – 20×10
She believes in eating healthy to extract all the nutrition required by the body and avoids unhealthy processed foods and meals rich in sugar or strict diet plans.
As a part of her diet, she makes sure to intake certain amounts of healthy fats which she thinks are necessary for cellular reformation and the functioning of the brain. She extracts the fat from avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, salmon, nuts, and seeds.
Emily Skye Favorite Things
- Lower Body Workout – Front Squats, Deadlifts, Hip Thrusts, Kettle Bell Swings, Abductor Machine (Standing and Squatting)
- Favorite Drink – Green Smoothies
Emily Skye Facts
- At the age of 2, Emily’s father abandoned her mother.
- Emily was 15 years old when she started modeling.
- Growing up, Emily had faced insecurities about herself which led to depression, which was a result of not having her father by her side. Later, she discovered modeling which helped her get a hold of herself.
- She tried committing suicide when she was 18 years old.
- Skye began to focus on her health, fitness, and diet when her health began to decline while she was modeling.
- Emily does not like banana as it makes her feel sick.
- In 2017, she met Dwayne Johnson while he was on the set of Ballers.
- Emily was included in the “Top Influencers Fitness” list compiled by Forbes in 2017.
- Visit her official website @ emilyskyefit.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Emily Sky / Instagram