|Emiway Bantai Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 13, 1995|
Emiway Bantai is an Indian rapper, singer, songwriter, composer, actor, and music studio owner, best known for his singles Peg Peg Peg feat. Manj Musik (2018), Samajh Mein Aaya Kya (2018), Khatam (2018), Jump Kar (2018), and Machayenge (2019), the last of which has amassed more than 116 million views on YouTube. He started his rap career in 2013 after the release of the song Glint Lock, featuring rapper Minta, recorded in English and Hindi, followed by songs such as Aur Bantai (2014), Na Maine Jaana (2015), Mera Naam Bantai ft. Gagan (2015), Ganda Flow (2015), and Soch (2015). In 2016, Emiway released tracks such as Keema, Aisa Kuch Shot Nai Hai, Tadak Padak, Fun Dekho, and in 2017 songs such as Bholenath Ka Birthday ft. Radnyi Tyagraj, Kala Dhan, Abbu, Jhand Hai, Dynamite, Mumbai Se Delhi Tak, Punarjanma, #Sadak with rapper Raftaar, as well as an EP titled Mein.
The year of 2018 was one of the most productive for Emiway, and his audience responded positively to his tracks Mera Bhai Mera Bhai, Mazak Hai Kya?, Kaun Hu Mein, Vibe, Out of Sampark, and Giraftaar. He also went on to release numerous tracks in 2019, most notably Tribute to Eminem, Dhyan De feat. Kraytwinz, as well as Skrrt Karenge feat. Meme Machine. He has also auditioned for India’s Got Talent singing competition as a teenager, and in 2019, appeared in a movie titled Gully Boy as himself. Around June 2018, he also began promoting his own music studio named Bantai The Studio. Emiway Bantai has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 6.5 million subscribers on YouTube, more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Emiway Bantai, Shahrukh Shaikh
Antop Hill, Mumbai, India
Emiway attended Lakshdham High School Gokuldham, Maharashtra, India. Because he became interested in rap and hip hop around the 11th standard, he reportedly failed the 12th standard.
Rapper, Singer, Music Studio Owner, Composer, Songwriter, Actor
Rap, Hip Hop, R&B, Pop
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick beard
- Long wavy haircut
Emiway Bantai has endorsed brands such as Altair Clothing (2019).
Best Known For
- His hit tracks #Sadak (2017), Giraftaar (2018), Samajh Mein Aaya Kya? (2018), Boht Hard (2018), Skrrt Karenge (2019), Dhyan De (2019), Jump Kar (2019), and Machayenge (2019)
- Having a massive fanbase online with more than 6.5 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram
As a Singer
Emiway started his career in May 2013 with his debut track titled Glint Lock featuring another rapper named Minta. Most of his initial tracks such as Bewafa Ho Dafa, Choti Choti, Aur Bantai, Na Maine Jaana, Maa, and Mera Naam Bantai went largely unnoticed at first. After his YouTube channel went viral around 2015, it brought attention back to his older songs, and he went on to release songs such as Soch (2015), Keema (2016), Tadak Padak (2016), and Fun Dekho (2016).
The year of 2017 was one of the best years for Emiway’s career, as he released multiple successful tracks such as Bholenath Ka Birthday, Dynamite, Mumbai Se Delhi Tak, Punarjanma, and #Sadak, as well as a 4-song EP titled Mein, consisting of songs Asli Nakli, Jhand, Abbu, and Mein.
In 2018, Emiway released tracks such as Mera Bhai Mera Bhai, Mazah Hai Kya?, Kaun Hu Mein, Vibe, Kadan Ban, Samajh Mein Aaya Kya?, Giraftaar, Khatam, Boht Hard, Tribute to Eminem, and Jump Kar. The year of 2019 saw the release of one of the most successful tracks in his career, titled Machayenge, around the time he also released tracks titled Dhyan De, and Skrrt Karenge.
Emiway Bantai made his theatrical film debut as himself in the musical drama film Gully Boy in 2019. Other well-known actors that appeared in the movie were Alia Bhatt, Ranveer Singh, Kalki Koechlin, Siddhant Chaturvedi, Vijay Raaz, Amruta Subhash, Vijay Varma, and others.
In July 2017, Emiway shared a few social media posts showing his current physique which was far from large but it was obvious he has gained a bit of body fat. Staring in August of the same year, he began working out with the goal of achieving a slimmer, more muscular body under a hashtag #restart.
At the end of the month, Emiway uploaded a video showing him doing cable pec flyes with 100 kg or 220.5 lbs on the machine. He also posted physique updates, showing visible progress in his chest, biceps, and shoulder area. In May 2018, he was also seen playing soccer in his local high schoolyard as cardio, visibly slimmed down and with more endurance.
Emiway Bantai Favorite Things
- Activities – Swimming, Riding A Motorcycle, Riding a Quad-Bike
- Personal Quote – “There is no top, so keep your feet on the ground and your thoughts at lofty heights.”
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Emiway Bantai Facts
- He grew up not knowing anything about rap or hip hop. After one of his classmates played Eminem’s well-known song Not Afraid, he became obsessed with it, and quickly learned the lyrics.
- His stage name comes from a combination of the names of 2 rappers he listened to almost religiously – Eminem and Lil Wayne.
- He has a passion for collecting and wearing glasses of all shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Even after reaching significant success in the music industry by November 2018, Emiway gave his old friend Nilesh Sharma a shoutout for being with him from day 1 and claimed he’d never forget where he started.
- In 2018, he had a rap beef with a rapper Raftaar that he collaborated with in the past. During an interview, Raftaar claimed Emiway would never make it big in the industry because he stayed independent and refused to sign with major labels and go mainstream.
- In response to Raftaar’s comments, Emiway dropped his hit single Samajh Mein Aaya Kya in October 2018, and Raftaar responded with a song Sheikh Chilli right after. Emiway came back to him with a track titled Giraftaar and Raftaar again responded with a song Anime H*ntai before they seemingly squashed the heir beef around November 2018.
- Emiway has a tendency to write motivational quotes for his fanbase and provide daily or weekly inspiration.
- In June 2018, he created his own brand of merchandise simply titled Bantai Merchandise, but it only debuted with a few colorful badge designs.
- Emiway was happy to meet a toddler in August 2018 after his parents approached him asking for a picture, stating their kid watches his videos and loves to listen to his music.
Featured Image by Emiway Bantai / Instagram
He’s weight is 72 kg