|Emmanuel Acho Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1990|
Emmanuel Acho is an American television personality and former sportsperson who rose to fame as a linebacker in the past, having played in the National Football League. He was a 6th round draft pick of the football team Cleveland Browns in 2012 and got traded to the Philadelphia Eagles in 2013 where he continued playing until retiring from the sport in 2015. Emmanuel has worked as an analyst for the TV channel Fox Sports 1 and has anchored the weekly activist webcast Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man (2020). He has appeared in numerous other programs on the small screen including Get Up (2019-2020) where he was the analyst, Good Morning America Weekend Edition (2020) in which he was featured as a guest, and Acho’s Nachos (2014) in which he acted.
Emmanuel Chinedum Acho
Dallas, Texas, United States
He went to St. Mark’s School of Texas in Dallas, Texas, where he lettered in football, basketball, as well as track and field. As a senior, he was labeled the state’s top linebacker by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football and was declared to be one of the 150 top recruits in the country by the sports TV channel ESPNU.
He then attended the University of Texas, graduating with a Masters in Sports Psychology.
Television Personality, Former Sportsperson
- Father – Dr. Sonny Acho (Board of Director of the Living Hope Christian Ministries)
- Mother – Christie Acho (Board of Director of the Living Hope Christian Ministries)
- Siblings – Sam Acho (Older Brother) (NFL free agent). He has 2 other older siblings as well.
He has been represented by Kristi Roehm of 8degreespr.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
109 kg or 240.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Yvonne Orji (2018-2019) – He and actress and comedian Yvonne Orji had made their relationship public in May 2018. The couple had started dating a few months prior to that. They split in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Igbo and Nigerian descent.
- Cheerful smile
- Expressive eyes
Emmanuel Acho Favorite Things
- Sportsperson – Kobe Bryant who was his childhood hero as well
Source – Instagram
Emmanuel Acho Facts
- He has pointed out how his name sounds like “Nacho” without the N. His middle name Chinedum means “God guides me”.
- Emmanuel has been a talented singer and piano player who has enjoyed expressing himself through his music. He has recalled that he had taught himself how to play the piano when he was in college. He has shared numerous videos of himself singing on social media.
- Emmanuel is very religious having been a devout Christian who has always kept his faith at the foreground of everything in his life.
- He could raise so much money with his family’s charity, Living Hope Christian Ministries, that he was able to build a hospital in rural Nigeria.
- Emmanuel had gone to prom with one of his fans. In 2015, when one of his Instagram followers named Hannah Delomonte had messaged him to ask whether he would take her to prom if she succeeded to get 2,000 retweets, Emmanuel had said he would if she managed to get 10,000 of them. Hannah had easily been able to do so and Acho kept his word by asking the teen to prom. He went on to attend the dance and also to sing to her.
Featured Image by Emmanuel Acho / Instagram