|Yvonne Orji Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1983|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Yvonne Orji is a Nigerian-American actress and comedian who burst into the limelight after she started to play the role of the confident lawyer with a chaotic love life Molly Carter in the HBO comedy-drama series Insecure (2016-2020), her performance fetching her a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Awards in 2020 for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series”. She has appeared in several other television shows like Love That Girl! (2011) in which she portrayed the part of Njideka and The Conversation: Talk Show Series (2016) where she was the host. Yvonne has been featured in numerous films as well, including Night School (2018). She has also been the creator of a number of TV programs such as the sitcom series FirstGen Show in the past, and has vlogged on her YouTube channel named RockYourStance that she had joined in November 2011.
Yvonne Anwuli Adaeze Orji
Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Los Angeles, California, United States
She went to Linden Hall School for Girls in Lititz, Pennsylvania, which is one of the oldest all-girls boarding schools in the country.
After that, she attended George Washington University in Washington, D.C., first going to the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences and acquiring her BA in liberal arts, and then to the Milken Institute School of Public Health and earning a master’s degree in public health.
- Mother – Celine Orji
She is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Emmanuel Acho (2018-2019) – She and television personality and former sportsperson Emmanuel Acho had made their relationship public in May 2018. The pair had begun dating a few months prior to that. They broke up in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Igbo Nigerian descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Estée Lauder.
She has been a pious Christian and has stated that she will remain a virgin until her marriage.
Yvonne Orji Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza having enjoyed the dish from the cheapest restaurants and not necessarily the high-end ones
- Eating Joints – 2 Bros Pizza on Eighth Avenue and 38th Street
- Clothes Brand – Forever 21
Source – NY Times
Yvonne Orji Facts
- She shifted to the United States when she was 6 years old.
- Orji’s parents had wanted her to become a doctor, lawyer, pharmacist, or engineer. However, she got inspired to do comedy as a graduate student when she did stand-up in the talent part of a beauty pageant.
- Yvonne has recalled that she had worked at a Cheesecake Factory in Bethesda in Maryland. She managed to save up enough money from her job to pay for an acting class in New York following which she just boarded a bus. She only knew one person in New York who was a woman she had met in Liberia, and Yvonne had called her from the road when the good Samaritan offered her the basement of her apartment in Queens for free.
- Yvonne has been compared to Jill Marie Jones with regard to her looks. Jones has played Toni Childs in the sitcom Girlfriends and Orji has often heard that she and Toni look like sisters.
Featured Image by Yvonne Orji / Instagram