|Eric Dier Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1994|
Eric Dier is a professional soccer player from England known for his successful career as a defensive midfielder and for having performed for popular clubs like Tottenham Hotspur, Sporting CP, and England National Team. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Nike and Braun. Eric has a huge social media fan base with more than 700k followers on Instagram, more than 300k followers on Twitter, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Eric Jeremy Edgar Dier
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Eric Dier went to the International Preparatory School in Lisbon.
He got his soccer education from youth academy of Sporting CP.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Jeremy Dier (Former Professional Tennis Player)
- Mother – Louise Dier
- Siblings – He has 5 siblings.
- Others – Ted Croker (Grandfather) (Former President of Cheltenham Town and secretary of The Football Association)
Eric Dier is represented by Sbsfoot.
Defender, Defensive Midfielder
54 – Sporting CP
15 – Tottenham Hotspur, Sporting CP, England National Team
4 – England National Team
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
85 kg or 187 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eric Dier has dated –
- Maria Hansen – Eric Dier is reported to be in a relationship with Maria Hansen. It is a known fact that they have been together for a long time.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English ancestry.
- Imposing physical presence
- Blue eyes
- Eric Dier has been signed up by Nike as a brand ambassador. He is often seen in the matches with Nike cleats and other products. He has also used his social media activity to promote their merchandise.
- In April 2018, he was made the brand ambassador of the personal grooming brand, Braun.
Best Known For
- Being one of the finest young defensive midfielders in the English top flight
- His immense performances for the English club, Tottenham Hotspur in the defensive midfield as well as in the heart of the backline
First Soccer Match
- In November 2012, he made his professional debut as he lined up for Sporting CP in their 1-0 win over Braga in the Primeira Liga home match. He assisted Ricky van Wolfswinkel for the only goal of the match.
- In August 2014, he made his first competitive appearance for Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League match against West Ham United. He led his side to the victory by scoring the only goal of the match in the added time.
- In November 2015, he made his debut for the English National Team in a friendly match against Spain. He replaced his Spurs teammate Dele Alli in the 63rd minute in his side’s 2-0 defeat.
- Defensive Positioning
- Aerial Threat
- Free Kicks
- Passing Range
- Ability to control the tempo of the game
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the football matches, Eric Dier made his first TV show appearance as himself on the news TV series, Victoria Derbyshire in June 201.
Eric Dier Favorite Things
- Idols – Rafael Márquez and Roy Keane
- TV Pundit – Frank Lampard and Gary Lineker
- Computer Game Snack – Popcorn
Eric Dier Facts
- When he was 7 years old, he moved with his family to Portugal as his mother was offered an opportunity to run the hospitality programme at UEFA Euro 2004.
- His parents decided to move back to England in 2010 but Dier decided to stay in Portugal and continued playing for the youth setup of Sporting CP.
- In April 2010, he signed his first professional contract with Sporting CP. The Portuguese club managed to beat competition from Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, and Arsenal.
- Sporting sold his 50% economic rights to a third-party owner, Quality Football Ireland Limited. In February 2012, they bought his rights back by giving away 50% rights of another player, Filipe Chaby.
- In January 2011, he moved to Everton on a 6 months loan deal. He found it difficult to adjust to the English life but he still decided to extend his loan stay with English club’s academy for the additional 12 months.
- In November 2012, he scored his first goal for Sporting CP in a league match against Moreirense.
- In August 2014, he moved to Tottenham Hotspur as they paid £4 million to Sporting CP. Spurs signed him on a 5-year deal.
- Impressed with his performances and to ward off interest from other clubs, Tottenham got him to sign the new contract in September 2015 that extended his stay with the club until 2020.
- In October 2016, he got an opportunity to captain Spurs for the first time in the 4th round match of EFL Cup against Liverpool. However, his team lost the match by 2-1.
- In the summer of 2017, he was heavily courted by Manchester United with reports emerging that Jose Mourinho was a huge fan of him. However, Spurs managed to keep hold of him by slapping £70 million price tag on him.
- He was approached by Portuguese Football Federation to play for the Portugal team. However, English FA managed to convince him to play for England.
- In July 2018, he netted the winning penalty in the penalty shootout against Colombia to help England National Team to progress to the quarter-finals of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Featured Image by Eric Dier / Instagram