|Eric Young Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|December 15, 1979
Eric Young aka “Jeremy Fritz” is a Canadian professional wrestler who as of August 2022, was signed to Impact Wrestling. Professionally, Eric is known under the ring name Eric Young and is the leader of Violent By Design.
Florence, Ontario, Canada
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
Eric has trained under the watchful eyes of former professional wrestlers Waldo Von Erich, Carl LeDuc, Scott D’Amore, and Chris Kanyon.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
105 kg or 231.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Has a tattoo of a colored eagle on his right arm
Eric Young Facts
- In 1998, after completing high school, Eric started training with former professional wrestler Waldo Von Erich in Cambridge, Ontario.
- Ten weeks later, Eric appeared in his first match against a friend of his “Suicide” Sean Ball on October 14, 1998, in Benton Harbor, Michigan. Then, he went on to be further trained by Scott D’Amore and Chris Kanyon. After that, Eric joined the independent circuit.
- During his early years of wrestling, Eric took up various jobs such as working at a pizza parlor, manufacturing brass horse harnesses, and sand casting to make ends meet. On the flip side though, he was also the owner of a Wrestleplex training facility based out of Cambridge that boasted the likes of well-known wrestlers such as Jake O’Reilly, Crazzy Steve, and Shawn Spears.
- Eric won his first title on June 30, 2007, after defeating former four-time NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion “Luscious” Rocky Reynolds at Oil City, Pennsylvania for the APWF Light Heavyweight Championship.
- He made his debut in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) as a member of Team Canada in January 2004, in a ladder match which he successfully won.
- Eric earned his first world title on April 10 during an event on Impact Wrestling against fellow wrestler Magnus to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.
- 12 years after he joined TNA, the company announced that Eric was leaving them on March 19, 2016, and on October 12th that year he made his official debut in WWE’s NXT where he was introduced as the leader of stable Sanity, which was formed with the likes of Alexander Wolfe, Sawyer Fulton, and Nikki Cross.
- He has appeared as a character in TNA iMPACT!, WWE 2K18, WWE 2K19, and WWE 2K20 video games.
- Aside from wrestling, Eric also successfully hosted the show Off the Hook: Extreme Catches on Animal Planet.
Featured Image By Tabercil / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0