|Erika Christensen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1982|
Erika Christensen is an American actress who made waves with the role of Caroline Wakefield in just her 2nd film Traffic (2000) for which she won a Screen Actors Guild Award. She has gone on to star in several films and TV series since then and is most well recognized for her portrayal of the lead character of Julia Braverman-Graham in the family drama TV series Parenthood (2010-2015) for which she won the “Outstanding Female Actor” award at the 2014 Gracie Awards.
Erika Jane Christensen
Seattle, Washington, United States
Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California, United States
Erika never attended a public school and was initially homeschooled by her parents, who were Scientologists. They later enrolled her in the Delphi Academy, a private primary and secondary school in Los Angeles that is run according to the philosophies of Scientology.
- Father – Steven Christensen (Insurance Worker, Human Resources Executive)
- Mother – Kathy Christensen (née Hendricks) (Construction Manager)
- Siblings – Dane Christensen (Younger Brother) (Actor), Brando Christensen (Younger Brother) (Author, Illustrator)
- Others – Nick Christensen (Older Half-Brother), Frederick Grant Christensen (Paternal Grandfather), Frederick Axel Christensen (Paternal Great Grandfather), Mary Jane Grant (Paternal Great Grandmother), Evelyn Eriksen (Paternal Grandmother), Olaf Frederik Leander Eriksen (Paternal Great Grandfather), Dorothy Hedvig Lyngvar (Paternal Great Grandmother), John Patrick Hendricks (Maternal Grandfather), John Patrick Hendricks, Sr. (Maternal Great Grandfather), Minnie D. Heath (Maternal Great Grandmother), Jane Knight (Maternal Grandmother), Harry Martin Knight (Maternal Great Grandfather), Rhoda Marie Davies (Maternal Great Grandmother)
She is represented by –
- The Gersh Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Erika has dated –
- Erik von Detten (1997)
- James DeBello (2001-2006)
- Cole Maness (2011-Present) – Erika began dating American cyclist Cole Maness in 2011. They got engaged in November 2014 and were married in a lavish ceremony on September 5, 2015, at a ranch in Palm Springs, California. The couple has 2 daughters together named Polly (b. June 2016) and Shane (b. August 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Icelandic, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Welsh, English, German, Scottish, and Irish ancestry.
- Affable smile
- Straight, shoulder-length hair
- Has a mole on her neck
- Radiant face
Erika has endorsed the food brand Lean Cuisine.
She has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Payless Shoe Source
Erika Christensen Favorite Things
- Food – Eggs
- Restaurant – The Gorbals, Los Angeles
- Snack – Dark chocolate
- Toothpaste Brand – Tom’s of Maine
- Quote – To infinity and beyond!
- Fruit – Strawberry
- Vegetable – Brussel Sprouts
- Fashion Designer – Yves Saint Laurent
- Number – 43
- Movie – Fight Club (1999)
- Actor – Mark Ruffalo
- Musician – Nina Simone
- Places – Griffith Park in Los Angeles, St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City
- Colors – Gray, Minty Green
- Basketball Team – Los Angeles Clippers
- Music Genre – Classic Rock, Hip-Hop
- Condiment – Garlic
- Movie Genre – Action
- Pet – Dogs
- Acting Performances In Movies – Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood (2007), Sam Rockwell in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (2005)
Source – Genlux.com, Us Magazine
Erika Christensen Facts
- She was born in Seattle, Washington and was being brought up there until her family moved to suburban Los Angeles when she was 4 years old.
- Before beginning a full-fledged acting career, she had featured in the music video of Michael Jackson‘s 1995 song titled Childhood. She had also provided backup vocals for Neil Diamond’s 1994 album titled The Christmas Album: Volume II.
- For her breakthrough role of Caroline Wakefield in the 2000 film Traffic, she won the “Standout Performance – Female” award at the 2001 Young Hollywood Awards and the “Breakthrough Female Performance” award at the 2001 MTV Movie Awards.
- Erika was raised as a Scientologist and has stayed with the belief system ever since. She has defended the faith on numerous occasions at public forums.
- In 2016, she appeared as Herself” in The Black Eyed Peas’ song titled Where’s The Love?
- Erika was named in People magazine’s list titled ‘Breakthrough Stars of 2001’. She was also placed in Maxim magazine’s ‘Hot 100 of 2002’ list.
- She is a trained swimmer.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0