|Ernie Hudson Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 1945|
Ernie Hudson is an American actor, voice actor, author, stage actor, and producer. He is known for playing Winston Zeddemore in the Ghostbusters film series, Sergeant Darryl Albrecht in the superhero film The Crow, Solomon in the psychological thriller film The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, Warden Leo Glynn in the drama series Oz, Reggie in the biographical crime drama film The Basketball Diaries, FBI Assistant Director Harry McDonald in the comedy films Miss Congeniality and Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous, Captain Monroe Kelly in the science fiction action-adventure film Congo, Detective Ridley in the comedy-drama series Desperate Housewives, FBI Special Agent Anthony Vejar in the action thriller film Smokin’ Aces 2: Assassins’ Ball, Dr. Ken Fields in the teen drama series The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Principal Turner in the film The Ron Clark Story, Sergeant O’Malley in the comedy film Airheads, Joseph Vaughn in the comedy action crime series L.A.’s Finest, Senior Deputy John Henry Barnes in the police drama series 10-8: Officers on Duty, and L.C. Duncan in the crime family drama series The Family Business.
Earnest Lee Hudson
Benton Harbor, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ernie Hudson attended Wayne State University and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in 1973. Then, he enrolled in a doctoral program at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities but soon left to appear in a stage production of The Great White Hope.
Afterward, he joined the Yale School of Drama, pursuing a Master of Fine Arts in acting. However, he left after a year to appear in the 1976 film Leadbelly.
Actor, Voice Actor, Author, Stage Actor, Producer
- Father – Toni Hudson
- Mother – Maggie (Donald)
- Siblings – Lewis Hudson (Half-Brother)
- Others – Andrew Mayes (Maternal Grandfather), Arrana Hatcher (Maternal Grandmother)
Ernie Hudson has been repped by –
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Zero Gravity Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $5 Million.
6 ft or 183 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ernie Hudson has dated –
- Jeannie Moore (1963-1976) – In 1963, he married his first wife Jeannie Moore when he was 18 years old and she was 16. They were blessed with 2 sons – Ernie Hudson Jr. and Rahaman Hudson. However, the marriage ended in divorce in 1976 and their sons moved to live with Ernie Hudson in California.
- Linda Kingsberg (1985-Present) – Former flight attendant Linda Kingsberg married Hudson in 1985 and they have 2 sons, namely, Andrew Hudson and Ross Hudson.
Race / Ethnicity
Ernie Hudson is of African-American descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Frequently plays good, heroic characters
- Serious voice
Ernie has been cast in TV commercials for –
- CarShield extended vehicle service protection (2018)
- WellCare Medicare Advantage health plan (voiceover) (2020)
In an interview with Belief.net, Hudson once stated that he is a practicing Christian but does not believe that “one church is the right one.”
Ernie Hudson Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Films – The Crow
- Character He Has Played – Captain Monroe Kelly in Congo
Source – IMDb
Ernie Hudson Facts
- His mother died of tuberculosis when he was 2 months old. So, he then grew up under the care of his maternal grandmother.
- Ernie Hudson joined the United States Marine Corps after high school but was discharged after only 3 months on medical grounds due to asthma.
- He moved to Detroit, Michigan, where he became the resident playwright at Concept East, the oldest black theater company in the United States.
- He has said that 2 of his heroes growing up were Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee.
- Ernie has worked with his son, Ernie Hudson Jr., in the HBO drama series Oz.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0