|Eva Marie Saint Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 4, 1924|
Eva Marie Saint is an American actress who is widely recognized for having starred in numerous films such as Loving (1970), various TV shows including One Man’s Family
(1950–1952) and a number of plays like First Monday in October (1978-1979). Saint is the recipient of many accolades such as the Emmy Award in 1990 for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Special”.
Eva Marie Saint
The Helen Hayes of Television
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Eva went to Bethlehem Central High School in Delmar, New York, having graduated in 1942. She got inducted into the high school’s hall of fame in 2006. She then studied acting at Bowling Green State University, where she joined Delta Gamma Sorority.
- Father – John Merle Saint
- Mother – Eva Marie née Rice
- Siblings – Adelaide Louise Saint (Sister)
She has been represented by ICM Partners.
Her net worth was $20 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Jeffrey Hayden (1951-2016) – She tied the knot with Jeffrey Hayden on October 28, 1951, and they remained married until his demise on December 24, 2016. The pair welcomed their son named Darrell in 1955 and their daughter named Laurette in 1958.
- Marlon Brando (1954)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and German descent.
- Freckles on her face
- High cheekbones
Eva Marie Saint Favorite Things
- Actor – Robert Osborne
- Street in the United States – Michigan Avenue in Chicago having adored it being wide and filled with trees
Source – Chicagoist
Eva Marie Saint Facts
- She has recalled that career and family had never been an issue with her as she made decisions. Eva had an agent once who would pressurize her to make many more films. She had made it clear to him that she would only do only 1 a year, if that, as she had young children. The representative had pointed out to her that then she would never be a superstar, to which she had stated that would be fine. Her family had always been her priority so much so that when she made the movie Exodus, she had insisted on bringing her husband, children, parents as well as her mother-in-law with her to Israel.
- In 2020, she became the oldest living as well as the earliest surviving Academy Award winner and one of the last stars alive from the Golden Age of Hollywood cinema.
- Saint has affirmed that it had been a pleasure to have worked with Alfred Hitchcock, who in spite of being known to be a prankster, would take very good care of her. She has recollected that one day she was having coffee on the set, drinking it out of a styrofoam cup while wearing the black dress with the red roses carved on it. It happened to be the day of an auction scene with many extras around. Hitchcock had come up to Eva and told her not to drink her beverage in that manner in front of all the people. He had gone on to arrange for a china cup and saucer for her coffee, which had delighted her.
- She has been noted to have brought real acting in a time when melodrama was the norm in the industry.
- She has campaigned to ban the irresponsible usage of mobile phones by motorists in the past.
Featured Image by Eva Marie Saint / Instagram