|Evander Holyfield Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 19, 1962|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Evander Holyfield is an American former professional boxer who had ruled as the undisputed cruiserweight champion in the late 1980s and the undisputed heavyweight champion in the early 1990s, becoming the first boxer ever to have clinched the undisputed championship in 2 different weight classes. In his days as an amateur boxer, representing the United States, he had won the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics (light-heavyweight division) and the ‘Silver’ medal at the 1983 Caracas Pan American Games.
The Real Deal, The Warrior
Atmore, Escambia County, Alabama, United States
Fayette County, Georgia, United States
Professional Boxer (Retired)
- Father – Isom Coley
- Mother – Annie Laura Holyfield
- Others – Bernard Holyfield (Older Half-Brother) (Actor, Dancer). He has 7 other older half-siblings.
Light Heavyweight, Cruiserweight, Heavyweight
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Evander has dated –
- Paulette Bowen (1985–1991) – Evander had married Paulette Bowen on May 17, 1985. They have 4 children together – 2 sons named Evander Holyfield Jr. (b. 1984) (Boxer) and Ewin Ezekiel Holyfield (b. 1990), and 2 daughters named Evette Ashley Holyfield (b. 1986) and Ebonne Esheal Holyfield (b. 1989). They had parted ways in 1991.
- Ia Brown – Through his relationship with Ia Brown, he has a daughter named Emani Winter Holyfield (b. 1993).
- Janice Itson (1994–2000) – Evander had started dating Janice Itson in 1994 and they got married on October 4, 1996. They have a son together named Elijah Jedidiah Holyfield (b. 1998). They had parted ways in July 2000.
- Tamie Pettaway – Through his relationship with Tamie Pettaway, he has a son named Elijah Esaias Holyfield (b. 1997) (Professional American Football Player) and a daughter named Eden Eloise Holyfield (b. 1995).
- Toi Irvin – Through his relationship with Toi Irvin, he has a son named Eleazar Evan Holyfield (b. 1997).
- Candi Calvana Smith (2003–2012) – Evander had married Candi Calvana Smith on July 1, 2003, and they have 2 children together – a son named Eli Ethan Holyfield (b. 2004) and a daughter named Eve Elizabeth Holyfield (b. 2005). They got divorced in 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Sports a thin mustache
- Affable smile
Evander has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Real Deal Grill cooking appliances
Evander Holyfield Facts
- As of January 2021, Evander was the first and only 4-time world heavyweight champion. He had held the unified WBA (World Boxing Association), WBC (World Boxing Council), and IBF (International Boxing Federation) titles from 1990 to 1992; the WBA and IBF titles from 1993 to 1994, the WBA title from 1996 to 1999; the IBF title from 1997 to 1999 and the WBA title from 2000 to 2001.
- In 1994, he was forced to abruptly retire from the sport due to a medical scare. He had, however, made a comeback within a year.
- When he had defeated Mike Tyson in 1996 to regain the WBA heavyweight title, he had become the first boxer since Muhammad Ali to have won a world heavyweight title thrice. That match was accorded the status of ‘Upset of the Year’ by The Ring magazine.
- In 2017, a statue of him was commissioned for installation in downtown Atlanta.
- In May 2021, he expressed his interest to fight with YouTuber-turned boxer Jake Paul, provided he received enough money.
Featured Image by Evander Holyfield / Instagram