|Fabio Cannavaro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 13, 1973|
Fabio Cannavaro is an Italian former professional soccer player and soccer manager who is widely renowned as one of the greatest defenders of all time. At the club level, he spent the majority of his career with top-flight Italian clubs such as SSC Napoli (1992–1995), AC Parma (1995–2002), FC Internazionale (2002–2004), and Juventus FC (2004–2006, 2009–2010). With AC Parma, he won the Coppa Italia (1998–99, 2001–02), the Supercoppa Italiana (1999), and the UEFA Cup (1998–99). For a brief period, from 2006 to 2009, he had joined the Spanish giants Real Madrid with whom he won the La Liga title in the 2006–07 and the 2007–08 seasons. He finished his career in 2011 with a short stint with the Al-Ahli Dubai Club (2010-2011). At the international level, he was an integral member of the Italian squads that won the UEFA European Under-21 Championship in 1994 and 1996. However, the pinnacle of his career arrived in 2006 when he captained Italy’s triumphant campaign at the 2006 FIFA World Cup and was consequently honored with the coveted Ballon d’Or award. Post-retirement, he embarked on a coaching career, and with Tianjin Quanjian, he won the China League One in 2016. In his 2nd stint with Guangzhou Evergrande, he won the Chinese FA Super Cup in 2018 and the Chinese Super League in 2019. He was inducted in the Italian ‘Football Hall of Fame’ in 2014.
Canna, Il Muro di Berlino
Naples, Campania, Italy
Naples, Campania, Italy
Professional Soccer Player (Retired), Soccer Manager
- Father – Pasquale Cannavaro (Bank Clerk)
- Mother – Gelsomina Costanzo (Former Maid)
- Siblings – Paolo Cannavaro (Younger Brother) (Former Professional Soccer Player, Soccer Coaching Assistant), Renata Cannavaro (Older Sister)
- Others – Cristina Martino (Sister-in-Law), Manuel Cannavaro (Nephew), Adrian Cannavaro (Nephew), Sofia Cannavaro (Niece)
- 4, 5 – Italy
- 13, 5 – SSC Napoli
- 17 – AC Parma
- 13, 17 – FC Internazionale
- 28, 50, 5 – Juventus FC
- 5 – Real Madrid
- 23 – Al-Ahli Dubai Club
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Fabio has dated –
- Daniela Arenoso (1996-Present) – Fabio got married to Daniela Arenoso on June 17, 1996. They have 3 children together – a daughter named Martina Cannavaro (b. December 22, 2001) and 2 sons named Christian Cannavaro (b. July 17, 1998) (Soccer player) and Andrea Cannavaro (b. October 20, 2004).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Has his right arm covered in tattoos
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Fabio Cannavaro Facts
- He was the winner of the ‘Golden Player’ award in Italy’s triumphant campaign at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship in 1996.
- For his stellar performances at the 2006 FIFA World Cup, he won the ‘Silver Ball’ as the 2nd-best player in the tournament. The same year, he was named the ‘FIFA World Player of the Year’ as well the ‘World Soccer Player of the Year’.
- His nickname Il Muro di Berlino (The Berlin Wall) was coined by Italian fans during the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany whose final was held in Berlin. His rock-like presence in Italy’s defense meant that the team kept 5 clean sheets and conceded only 2 goals in the entire tournament.
- In 2009, he was named in the Sports Illustrated ‘Team of the Decade’ as well as the ESPN ‘World Team of the Decade’.
Featured Image by Fabio Cannavaro / Instagram