|Joel McHale Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1971|
Joel McHale is an American comedian, actor, television host, producer, and writer who is popular for starring as Jeff Winger in the sitcom Community (2009-2015) and for hosting the satirical show The Soup (2004-2015). He has more than 4 million followers on Twitter, more than 300k followers on Instagram, and more than 400k followers on Facebook.
Joel Edward McHale
Hollywood Hills, California, United States
Joel studied at Mercer Island High School in Washington till 1991.
He graduated from the University of Washington in 1995 with a bachelor’s degree in History. He also attended the Professional Actors training program and received his Master of Fine Arts degree from the university.
Joel was a member of the Theta Chi fraternity for a short time.
Actor, Comedian, Television Host, Writer, Producer
- Father – Jack McHale (Dean of Students at the Loyola University in Rome)
- Mother – Laurie McHale (née Jackson)
- Siblings – Christopher McHale (Older Brother) (Electrician), Stephen McHale (Younger Brother) (Episcopal Priest)
- Others – David Graham McHale (Paternal Grandfather), Marie Anne Lynch (Paternal Grandmother), Roy Ingvald Jackson (Maternal Grandfather), Priscilla Ruth Wicks (Maternal Grandmother)
Joel is represented by –
- United Talent Agency in California
- Anonymous Content in California
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel has dated –
- Sarah Williams (1995-Present) – Joel tied the knot with his girlfriend Sarah Williams on July 20, 1996. They have 2 sons together – Edward “Eddie” Roy McHale (b. 2005) and Isaac Hayden McHale (b. March 12, 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish ancestry on his father’s side and is of (½) Norwegian, (¼) Finnish, and (¼) English descent on his mother’s side.
- Towering Height
- Wide smile
13 (US) or 46 (EU) or 12 (UK)
Joel has endorsed the following brands –
- IHOP (2003)
- Aspen Edge (2004)
- Nutrigrain (2002)
- State Farm Insurance (2004)
- Burger King (2004)
- Enterprise (2016)
- Berocca (2014)
- T-Mobile JUMP! (2015)
He had a Catholic upbringing.
Joel McHale Favorite Things
- Films – Dr. Strangelove (1964), Blade Runner (1982), Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975), Children of Men (2006), Ikiru (1952), Annie Hall (1977)
- Cuts Of Meat – Bone-in ribeye steak, filet steak, Wagyu beef
- Episode From Community Season 2 – Advanced Dungeons & Dragons
- Episode From Community Season 3 – Documentary Filmmaking: Redux
- Movie Genres – Science Fiction, Comedy
- Vacation Spot – Siena in Italy
- Type Of Soup – Clam chowder
- Holiday – Halloween
- Pizza Topping – Fresh tomatoes
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor From Baskin-Robbins – World Class Chocolate
- Vacation Spot – Vashon Island in Washington State
Joel McHale Facts
- His son Eddie was born with 2 holes in his heart and successfully underwent surgery at 2 months old.
- In May 2014, Joel hosted the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, an annual tradition that has been hosted by the likes of Jay Leno, Stephen Colbert, Hasan Minhaj, Jimmy Kimmel, Jon Stewart, Conan O’Brien, etc. in the past.
- He has been a longtime supporter of the NFL team, Seattle Seahawks.
- Joel and his family have 3 pet dogs – a pug named Cowboy, Beanbag (a French Bulldog), and Harry. In addition, they also have 2 male bunnies, whom they call Junior Joey and Chokun.
- He doesn’t like ice in his drinks.
- His wife Sarah Williams doesn’t like him driving too fast.
- His guilty pleasure TV show is watching Forensic Files (1996-2011).
- In 2021, he revealed that he had the habit of using the prayer hands emoji the most. He also sometimes types his emojis. For instance, “happy face emoji”.
- He considers Robin Williams his hero.
- He has a big collection of swords and knives.
- Joel drinks coffee with whole milk and without sugar.
- He does not like karaoke.
- He has kept with him the recording of 100 episodes of Match Game on the Game Show Network.
- Joel’s first-ever job was weeding.
- If he has to eat only 1 meal for the rest of his life, it would be spaghetti carbonara.
- He has also eaten a cobra from an exotic butcher shop in Seattle. He considers this the most unusual thing he has ever eaten.
- Out of the 5 senses, his sight is his strongest.
- He likes to sleep with 5 pillows at night.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0