|Ganesh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ganesh is an Indian actor, director, producer, writer, and television presenter who has worked mainly in Kannada cinema. One of the highest-paid actors in Kannada cinema, his film credits include Mungaru Male, Hudugaata, Aramane, Bombaat, Cheluvina Chittara, Gaalipata, Amrithadhare, Masala, Majic Ajji, Chellata, Krishna, Sangama, Maduve Mane, Circus, Maleyali Jotheyali, Kool…Sakkath Hot Maga, Ullasa Utsaha, Eno Onthara, Sakath, Rambo, Mr. 420, Shyloo, Romeo, Munjane, Auto Raja, Sakkare, Shravani Subramanya, Style King, Mungaru Male 2, Khushi Khushiyagi, Chamak, Dil Rangeela, Zoom, Sundaranga Jaana, Pataki, Mugulu Nage, Gimmick, Orange, Geetha, 99, and Gaalipata 2.
Gani, Golden Star Ganesh, “Comedy Time” Ganesh
Adakamaranahalli, Nelamangala, Bangalore Rural District, Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Ganesh studied at Basaveshwara English School in Nelamangala and then received his secondary education in Standard English School in Dasarahalli, Bangalore.
Afterward, he completed his diploma degree in electronics as well as a diploma course in acting.
Actor, Director, Producer, Writer, Television Presenter
- Father – Kishan
- Mother – Sulochana
- Siblings – Mahesh (Younger Brother), Umesh (Younger Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ganesh has dated –
- Shilpa Barkur (2008-Present) – He got married to producer Shilpa Barkur in the year 2008 and the duo has been blessed with 2 children – a daughter named Charithriya and a son named Vihaan.
Race / Ethnicity
He has done endorsement work for brands such as RimZim.
- He co-starred as Preetham in the 2006 Kannada-language romantic drama film Mungaru Male and it became the first film in India (of any language) to be screened continuously for over one year in a multiplex. For this role, Ganesh was nominated at the 54th Filmfare Awards South in the “Best Actor” category.
- He played the role of a mechanic named Maadesha in the 2007 Kannada-language crime romantic drama film Cheluvina Chittara, a remake of the Tamil film Kaadhal. This role won him the Udaya Film Award and Cine Gandha Award for “Best Actor”.
- Recalling his childhood, Ganesh once stated that he was “mischievous and was always made to kneel down outside the classroom, but was also the darling of the teachers due to the active participation in cultural activities”.
- He was cast as Ganesh in the 2008 romantic comedy-drama film Gaalipata and this performance won him the award for “Best Actor” at the 56th Filmfare Awards South and the award for “Most Popular Actor” at the Suvarna Film Awards.
- He played dual roles of Karthik/’King’ Kashi in the 2016 Kannada-language action black comedy film Style King.
- In 2018, Ganesh brought to life the character of Santhosh in the Kannada-language romantic comedy film Orange. For this, he was nominated for a Filmfare Award and Filmibeat Award in the “Best Actor – Kannada” category.
- Over the years, he has also been a part of several television projects including Comedy Time, Prema Pishachigalu, Super Minute, and Golden Gang.
- Alongside Nishvika Naidu and Surbhi Puranik, Ganesh co-starred as Balaram a.k.a Baalu in the 2021 Kannada-language black comedy crime thriller film Sakath.
Featured Image by Philanthropist 1 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0