|Gatsby (Liam Blackwell) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gatsby is an English reality TV star, former soccer player, rapper, and businessman best known for his appearance in the reality TV series The Only Way Is Essex which he joined during the 16th season in October 2015. He was introduced to the audience as the best friend of Lydia Bright, also a contestant, whose mom is his godmother, Debbie Bright. Liam actually appeared in the TV advertisements for the very 1st season of The Only Way Is Essex in 2010. Even though he passed the casting and it was announced he would join, Liam back out of the opportunity at last minute because he thought the timing was off. Before he was a reality TV star, he was also a professional soccer player and played for West Ham United.
In July 2016, he became a rapper when he recorded a song and a music video titled Helicopter, also featuring rapper D Double E. He also released a single titled Christmas With You featuring his ex-girlfriend and fellow The Only Way Is Essex co-star, Chloe Sims in 2016. Liam is also a real estate broker and a businessman as his family owns Criminal Damage and Boy London, both well-known clothing brands in the United Kingdom. He also started making plans to create his own fashion line in 2018. Liam has also amassed a large social media fanbase with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Gatsby, Liam Gatsby
Essex, England, United Kingdom
Essex, England, United Kingdom
Reality TV Star, Former Soccer Player, Businessman, Rapper
- Father – John Anthony Blackwell
- Mother – Nikki Blackwell
- Siblings – Eamon Blackwell (Younger Brother) (Graduate of University of California, Los Angeles). He also has a younger sister who is a lawyer.
- Others – Debbie Bright (Godmother)
Gatsby is represented by Natalie Woods Talent (Talent Agent) in the United Kingdom.
Hip-Hop/Rap, Alternative, Pop
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gatsby has dated –
- Ferne McCann (2015-2016, 2019) – He met Ferne at the set of reality TV series The Only Way Is Essex in October 2015, when he joined himself. The two went on a “Gatsby-style” first date when he took her on a helicopter ride which later inspired his debut single and the accompanying music video titled Helicopter, released in 2016. He also booked the entire restaurant afterward so they could be alone for a romantic dinner. Liam immediately stated: “She’s my perfect woman. Beautiful, with a really nice personality. She wears her heart on her sleeve, which I really like.” The two also had their 1st kiss but Liam added that his mom and family also had to approve of him dating anyone. Their relationship, unfortunately, fizzled out quickly and he even called her psychotic at one point. In February 2019, during another episode of The Only Way Is Essex, the two went on another date to the luxurious restaurant The Gallery in London, England, United Kingdom. The date was the 1st one after the birth of her daughter in 2017. She broke up with Arthur Collins, her daughter’s father, the same year after he was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Liam started praising her skills and courage to be a single mother and she almost broke in tears. Ferne also stated that if she didn’t know the things were finished back in early 2016, she would think he was flirting with her.
- Chloe Sims (2017) – Liam had a brief relationship with his The Only Way Is Essex co-star Chloe Sims in 2017, which was supported by their mutual fanbase. Despite having a passionate connection that started as a friendship, it fizzled out after a few months. However, in March 2017, Liam stated that he was determined to get her back and that no girl compared to her. Chloe wasn’t up for that idea and stated that despite him having “a massive heart”, the things between them became very awkward. His repeated attempts to woo her and stating that he misses her, ultimately ruined their friendship and the two stopped talking.
- Isabella Cirinski (2017) – Only about a month after he broke off with Chloe, Liam began dating Swedish model Isabella Cirinski and the two showed up together to a celebrity event in London, England, United Kingdom.
- Rebeca Marrero (2018) – The Sun magazine exclusively reported that he began dating the Spanish model Rebeca Marrero in February 2018. However, there was no mention or sight of them together afterward, leading some people to conclude that they either broke up or it was a rumor in the 1st place.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
Gatsby has endorsed brands such as –
- Veet UK
- Ed Hardy
- THE LUXURY SHOPPER
- Supreme New York
- McDonald’s UK
Best Known For
- Joining the cast of the reality-TV series, The Only Way Is Essex in October 2015 during the 16th season after which he became a series regular
- His social media fanbase with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter
As a Singer
Gatsby released his debut rap/alternative single, Helicopter, in collaboration with a rapper D Double E, on August 31, 2016. The music video for the song also featured his The Only Way Is Essex co-stars and/or friends, Lauren Goodger, Tommy Mallet, Georgia Kousoulou, James ‘Arg’ Argent, Lydia Bright, James ‘Diags’ Bennewith, Jon Clark, and Dan Edgar. On December 20, 2016, he also released a single titled Christmas With You, featuring his then-girlfriend and The Only Way Is Essex co-star, Chloe Sims.
First TV Show
Gatsby made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in The Only Way Is Marbs Special: Part 1 episode of the reality-TV series, The Only Way Is Essex in October 2015.
Gatsby Favorite Things
- Personal Quote – “What’s meant to be yours is already making its way to you. What was never yours is starting to flee from you. With time, it will all make sense. For now, bear the confusion and focus on living fully in the present. Don’t let your whole life be “I’ll be happy when…”. Be happy now.”
Source – Instagram
- His dad passed away from cancer in 1998.
- Gatsby’s mom, Nikki, raised him and his brother and sister single-handedly. In 2016, she traveled from Essex, England, to Los Angeles, California, United States, and the whole tearful goodbye scene was screened as part of The Only Way Is Essex.
- His mom left for the United States looking for a new man around 18 years after his dad passed away from cancer after a 5-year fight. Liam himself stated that she deserved to find love again as she didn’t date anyone in that period since she dedicated her life to raising him and his siblings. His cousins developed a plan to create profiles on all major dating sites for Nikki while she was there.
- Liam’s dad used to take him to soccer practice whether it was raining, snowing, or the sun was out. He was also a shareholder in Leyton Orient, a soccer club. After he passed away in 1998, Liam’s soccer career continued for a while with West Ham United but it just didn’t feel the same without his dad in his life, so he quit.
- Liam was impressed by the music career that Megan McKenna, his co-star in The Only Way Is Essex, made for herself. After she topped the iTunes chart, he stated it just goes to show that reality TV stars aren’t talentless. He also praised his best friend, Tommy Mallett for creating his footwear brand and branching out.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Apple Music.
Featured Image by Gatsby / Instagram