|Gazini Ganados Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gazini Ganados is a Filipino model and beauty pageant contestant who first came into the spotlight when she had been crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2019, the 56th edition of Binibining Pilipinas, a national beauty pageant in the Philippines that selects Filipina representatives to compete in major international beauty pageants such as Miss International, Miss Grand International, Miss Intercontinental, and Miss Globe. At the event, she had also won the ‘Best in Evening Gown’ and ‘Miss Photogenic’ awards. Later that year, she had represented the Philippines at the Miss Universe pageant held in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. There, she had finished as a ‘Top 20’ semifinalist and had won the ‘Best National Costume’ award.
Gazini Christiana Jordi Acopiado Ganados
Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Cebu City, Cebu, Central Visayas, Visayas, Philippines
Gazini, after her high school graduation, had joined the University of San Jose-Recoletos, a private Catholic research and coeducational basic and higher education institution in Cebu City. She had attained a degree in tourism management from there.
From the same institution, she had also earned a certificate in Health Care Services NCII (National Certificate – Level II).
Model, Beauty Pageant Contestant
- Father – Ghassan
- Mother – Carmencita Jordi Ganado
She has been represented by –
- Origin Model & Artist Management, Model Management Agency, Cebu City, Cebu, Central Visayas, Visayas, Philippines
- Empire Models, International Model Scouting Placement and Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She is of Filipino descent on her mother’s side and Palestinian Arab descent on her father’s side.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, long, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Charming smile
Gazini Ganados Facts
- She was born to a Palestinian father and a Filipino mother who were involved in a domestic partnership (a legal relationship between two individuals who live together and share a common domestic life but are not married to each other or to anyone else) at the time of her birth.
- After her parents had parted ways, she was raised by her maternal grandparents. When she was in the 6th grade, her family had moved to Talisay, Cebu.
- Her first exposure to a major beauty pageant was in 2014 when she had participated in Miss World Philippines 2014, the 4th edition of Miss World Philippines, a pageant that selects the country’s representatives to the Miss World event. She had finished in the ‘Top 13’ of the event.
- When she had won the title of Miss Universe Philippines 2019, she had become just the 2nd Cebuana to win the title after Pilar Pilapil’s triumph in 1967.
- During the national costume competition at that event, she had worn an ensemble that was inspired by Queen Juana (queen consort of Rajah Humabon, the Rajah of Cebu at the time of the arrival of Spanish explorer Ferdinand Magellan in the Philippines in 1521). It was also a representation of the Sinulog Festival, an annual cultural and religious festival held on the third Sunday of January in Cebu City.
Featured Image by Gazini Ganados / Instagram