|Gerard Piqué Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3¾ in|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1987|
Gerard Piqué is a Spanish former professional footballer who is regarded as one of the best defenders of his generation and is best known for his career as a centre-back for teams like Manchester United, Barcelona, and Real Zaragoza. During the course of his career, he has won several tournaments such as Premier League, FA Community Shield, La Liga, Copa del Rey, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Champions League, FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Championship, and has been the recipient of honors like “La Liga Breakthrough Player of the Year”, “La Liga Best Defender”, and Globe Soccer Award.
Gerard Piqué Bernabéu
Piqué, Geri, Principe Piqué, Piquenbauer
- Father – Joan Pique (Businessman)
- Mother – Montserrat Pique (Director of spinal injuries hospital in Barcelona)
- Siblings – Marc Pique (Younger Brother)
- Other – Amador Bernabeu (Grandfather) (Vice-president of Barcelona FC)
Pique is signed with IMG.
6 ft 3¾ in or 192.5 cm
86 kg or 190 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gerard Pique dated –
- Lisa Lazarus (2008) – In 2008, Gerard had a fling with the Welsh model Lisa Lazarus.
- Nuria Tomas (2009-2011) – In March 2009, Gerard commenced dating the Spanish fitness trainer, Nuria Tomas. The couple stayed together until 2011 when they decided to split up.
- Shakira Mebarak (2011-2022) – In January 2011, Pique began dating the famous Colombian singer Shakira after they first met at the World Cup event in South Africa. Later, the couple got engaged and had two sons, Sasha (b. January 29, 2015) and Milan (b. January 22, 2013). In June 2022, it was revealed that Shakira and Gerard had broken up after dating for almost 11 years.
- Clara Chia Marti (2022-Present) – After splitting with Shakira, Gerard was found to be dating PR student Clara Chia Marti, who is 12 years his junior. She was 23 in 2022. It is also believed that they were already dating even before Gerard split with Shakira. They had met while she was working on events at his production company Kosmos. In January 2023, Gerard confirmed his relationship with Clara by sharing a photo with her on his Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue Eyes
- Towering Height
Gerard has been sponsored by Nike and Mango (2011-2012).
He has also appeared in a TV advert for Qatar Airways, FIFA, Principe, FC Barcelona, and Assassin’s Creed 3.
Best Known For
Winning numerous titles as a member of FC Barcelona. He is also known for his defensive contribution to the team and for being very dangerous of set-pieces.
First Football Match
Gerard debuted for Manchester United in October 2004 in a 3-0 League Cup success over Crewe Alexandra. However, Pique had his official debut on March 29, 2006 against West Ham United.
Pique had his first competitive appearance for the senior national team of Spain on February 11, 2009, in a friendly match against England.
- Holding the ball
- Aerial duels
Pique has no significant weaknesses.
Gerard first acted as himself in a documentary film called Bicicleta, cullera, poma in 2010. His role was uncredited.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Pique first appeared in the talk-show Hora Q in 2009 as himself in just one episode.
Gerard Pique Favorite Things
- NBA Team – San Antonio Spurs
- Football Stadiums – Camp Nou, Old Trafford, Allianz Arena
Source – SI.com, En.as.com
Gerard Pique Facts
- Pique started his football journey at FC Barcelona’s youth categories. He first played as a defensive midfielder.
- Gerard signed for Manchester United in 2004. The English team did not pay a buyout price because of him being only 17 at the time.
- In February 2005, he extended his contract with the Premier League side which would have kept him in Manchester until 2009.
- On August 4, 2006, Pique was sent on a loan to Real Zaragoza.
- On May 27, 2008, Gerard shifted to FC Barcelona. He penned a four-year deal which included a buyout clause of worth 5 million euros.
- He extended his contract with Barcelona on May 20, 2014, to stay with the club until 2019.
- Pique competed for the Spanish U-19 national team that won the 2006 EURO Championship in Poland.
- Gerard played for the U-20 national team of Spain at the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
- He and Shakira share the same birthday. But, she is 10 years older than him.
- In November 2022, Gerard announced his retirement from soccer.
- Gerard was the 8th-most searched athlete on Google in 2022.