|Giancarlo Stanton Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Giancarlo Stanton is a prominently known baseball star who is known for his strength and agility to hit long home runs. Besides that, he is a designated hitter and outfielder who plays for the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball. The highlight of his career came in 2017 when he hit an astonishing 59 home runs. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 500k followers on Twitter, and more than 150k followers on Facebook.
Giancarlo Cruz Michael Stanton
Mike Stanton, Cruz, Mike, Mikey
Panorama City, California, United States
For 2 years, Stanton studied at the Verdugo Hills High School in Tujunga, California. Then, he went on to attend Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks.
He was offered a scholarship to baseball for the Tulane Green Wave baseball team at Tulane University. However, he did not enroll in college and instead chose to pursue a professional career in baseball.
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – Michael Stanton
- Mother – Jacinta Garay
- Siblings – Egidio Carlos Moacir Garay Stanton (Older Brother) and Kyrice Valivia (Older Sister)
He is managed by Aaron Boone of the New York Yankees.
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
111 kg or 245 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stanton has dated –
- Chase Carter (2018)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black, Hispanic, White)
He has Irish, English, Scottish-Irish and Northern Irish ancestry on his father’s side and African-American and part Puerto Rican ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Ripped muscular and tall physique
- Chiseled jawline
He has appeared in the commercials for various brands such as –
- Volunteers of America
- Whey Protein+
- Beats by Dre
- Major League Baseball
- Big Toe
- 98.7 FM ESPN
Giancarlo Stanton Favorite Things
- Places To Visit In New York – Battery Park
Source – Cut4
Giancarlo Stanton Facts
- Stanton was brought up alongside his older siblings in Tujunga, Los Angeles.
- He took an interest in baseball at an early age and growing up he was a big fan of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- He is very close to his mother.
- In 2013, he played for the United States at the World Baseball Classic.
- He has always stated that he is of a biracial background.
- In the past, teams like the UCLA Bruins Football program, UNLV Rebels Football program, and the USC Trojans Football program had offered him a chance to play for there respective teams.
- He joined his first baseball league team after being chosen at that 2007 amateur draft for Florida Marlins. He signed a contract with them for $ 475,000.
- Stanton was faced with a difficult time in 2011 as he suffered from an eye and leg injury. Later, in 2013, he suffered from a second injury which was a grade 2 hamstring damage. However, both times he rejoined his team soon after.
- His nickname “Cruz” was given to him by his mother and his father nicknamed him “Mike” and “Mikey.”
- During his early years, he looked up to former Puerto Rican baseball players Roberto Clemente and Iván Rodríguez.
- During an interview, he once stated that he at times would wear 1 pair of jeans for an entire week.
- He is very fond of eating Mexican food.
Featured Image By Arturo Pardavila III / Flickr / CC BY 2.0