|Gianluigi Donnarumma Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gianluigi Donnarumma is an Italian professional footballer who has played as a goalkeeper for Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain and the Italy national team. Aged 16 years and 242 days, he became the second-youngest goalkeeper ever to debut in Serie A as he began his career with AC Milan in 2015. In March 2016, he broke the international record as the youngest Italian under-21 player ever to play when he was aged 17 years and 28 days. At 17 years and 189 days, he became the youngest goalkeeper ever to appear for Italy in 2016. He moved to Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer in 2021.
Castellammare di Stabia, Italy
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Alfonso Donnarumma
- Mother – Marinella Donnarumma
- Siblings – Antonio Donnarumma (Older Brother) (Professional Soccer Player), Alfredo Donnarumma (Older Brother) (Professional Soccer Player), Nunzia Donnarumma (Sister)
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Huge wingspan
- Big ears and big nose
Best Known For
- Being compared to the legendary Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon
- Possessing huge talent and being one of the top young Italian prospects because of his mental composure, technique, and intelligence
- Also known for being the youngest goalkeeper to ever perform for the senior national team of Italy in 2016. At the time, he was only 17 years and 189 days old.
First Soccer Match
On July 30, 2015, Donnarumma played his first match for the first team of AC Milan against Real Madrid during the International Champions Cup held in China.
Gigio had his Serie A debut on October 25, 2015, in a match against Sassuolo.
On March 24, 2016, Gianluigi debuted for the Italian U-21 squad in a 4-1 victory over the Republic of Ireland. At that time, he was the youngest player ever to compete for the U-21 team, being only 17 years and 28 days old.
Donnarumma first competed for the senior national team of Italy on September 1, 2016, in a 3-1 home defeat to France.
- Stopping close range shots
Gianluigi Donnarumma Facts
- Gianluigi trained at the soccer academy of Napoli until the age of 14.
- Donnarumma penned a contract with AC Milan for a price of 250,000 euros.
- In February 2015, Gigio was first called to the senior team of AC Milan by Filippo Inzaghi for the Serie A match against Cesena. But, Donnarumma was kept as a substitute in the game.
- Before the start of 2016, Gigio became the goalkeeper for the senior team of AC Milan.
- Donnarumma represented Italy at the 2015 UEFA U-17 Tournament.
- From a young age, Gianluigi has been a big fan of AC Milan.
- His idol growing up was Gianluigi Buffon who has played for Milan’s biggest rival Juventus.
- During Euro 2020, he was given the ‘Player of the Tournament’ award for conceding just 4 goals in 719 minutes in the entire tournament.