|Gijs Brouwer Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1996|
Gijs Brouwer is an American-born Dutch professional tennis player who achieved a career-high ATP singles ranking of World No. 114 on February 27, 2023. Prior to that, he achieved a career-high doubles ranking of World No. 148 on August 22, 2022. In addition to that, Gijs Brouwer also won two ATP Challenger doubles titles at the 2021 Puerto Vallarta Open with Reese Stalder and at the 2022 Tallahassee Challenger with Christian Harrison.
Houston, United States
Professional Tennis Player
Left-handed (two-handed backhand)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gijs Brouwer has dated –
- Regina – He has been romantically involved with Regina.
Race / Ethnicity
Gijs Brouwer Facts
- He made his ATP Tour debut at the 2022 U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championships in Houston as a qualifier. Gijs Brouwer defeated Spanish player Feliciano López and American player JJ Wolf to make it to the quarterfinals but was defeated by third seed and eventual champion Reilly Opelka in the quarterfinals. Subsequently, he ended up making his top 300 debut at world No. 286.
- At the 2022 Tunis Open, Gijs Brouwer reached his first Challenger final in May 2022 but lost to Spanish player Roberto Carballes.
- At the 2022 US Open, he made his Grand Slam debut as a qualifier and recorded his first Major win as he defeated world No. 45 Adrian Mannarino.
- On September 12, 2022, he reached the top 150 in the singles rankings.
- Brouwer wildcard was promoted into the main draw Rotterdam Open in 2023 following the withdrawal of French player Gaël Monfils. Gijs Brouwer went on to defeat top 50 player Marc-Andrea Hüsler in the first round and then moved on to his first hardcourt quarterfinal after fourth seed Holger Rune retired in the second set of the match. This feat marked his biggest, first top-10 win, and only his fifth on the ATP tour. This helped him move more than 40 positions to a new career high in the top 120 at No. 116 on February 20, 2023.
- During the ATP Tour in 2023, Gijs Brouwer reached the quarterfinals after defeating American player Aleksandar Kovacevic and fourth seed John Isner. He subsequently made it to his first ATP semifinal with again a win over fifth seed JJ Wolf in the quarterfinals. However, he was defeated by top seed and eventual champion Frances Tiafoe in the semifinals. He ranked No. 116 on April 10, 2023.
Featured Image by si.robi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0