Gillian MacLaren Jacobs
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
East Los Angeles
Gillian Jacobs went to the Mt. Lebanon High School and graduated in 2000.
She then shifted her base to New York City and got enrolled at the famous Juilliard School. She graduated from Juilliard in 2004 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts.
While growing up, she used to take acting classes at the Pittsburgh Playhouse on Saturdays.
- Father – William F. Jacobs Jr. (Investment Banker)
- Mother – Martina Magenau Jacobs (Employed in alumni relations at Carnegie Mellon University)
- Siblings – None
- Others – William Francis Jacobs (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Margaret Haskins (Paternal Grandmother), John Martin Magenau (Maternal Grandfather) (President and CEO of Erie Brewing Company until its closure in 1978), Carol Marie Spiller (Maternal Grandmother), Samuel Skinner (Uncle) (Former Secretary of Transportation)
Gillian Jacobs is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gillian Jacobs has revealed in interviews that she is in a long-term relationship. However, she didn’t divulge his identity and merely said that he wasn’t from the show business.
She is very protective of her personal life so rarely reveals anything about it. Her public appearances with her boyfriend are rare as well. Here is one after a concert in Los Angeles in December 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has French, German, Scottish, and Irish ancestry.
- Bright blue eyes
- Porcelain skin tone
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Gillian Jacobs hasn’t done promotional work for any brand.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Britta Perry in the sitcom, Community.
- Having played the role of Mickey Dobbs in the romantic comedy Netflix series, Love.
In 2005, Gillian made her film debut in the lead role in the comedy flick, Building Girl.
First TV Show
In 2006, Gillian made her first TV show appearance in the minor role in American drama series, The Book of Daniel.
Gillian isn’t a big fan of working out or following any fitness trend whole heartedly. She occasionally goes for workouts at the SoulCycle studio. One physical activity she loves is hiking. And, she credits her dog Mick for making her better at hiking. Also, she likes to go out for a walk and sometimes instead of driving to the hiking trails, she likes to take a walk.
Also, she likes to go out for a walk and sometimes, instead of driving to the hiking trails, she likes to take a walk.
When it comes to diet, she credits Los Angeles for making her eat more green vegetables. But still, she doesn’t follow any diet plan and likes to go for favorite food items. However, she has made a slight change to her eating habits as earlier, she used to have pizzas and processed items for lunch.
Gillian Jacobs Favorite Things
- Face Wash – Dr. Lancer’s face scrub and Le Mieux face wash
- Living Person She Admires Most – Janet Mock
- Color – Red
- Emoji – Kissy Face Emoji
- Movie – Fanny and Alexander (1982)
- Book – Austerlitz by W. G. Sebald
- TV Show – Getting On (2013-2015)
- Season – Spring in New York City
- Personal Lady Hero – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Writers – Roald Dahl, Italo Calvino, Vladimir Nabokov
- Fictional Character – Ignatius Reilly
- Book She Secretly Loves – It Seemed Important at the Time by Gloria Vanderbilt
Source – Vogue, Amy Smart Girls
Gillian Jacobs Facts
- Her mother first got her into acting classes when she was in third grade. She didn’t have many friends and often used to talk to herself so her teachers asked her mother to help her find an outlet.
- After her high school graduation, she had got an acceptance letter from Harvard as well as Northwestern University. However, she decided to follow her passion and got enrolled at Juilliard.
- She started theatre acting career with the Pittsburgh Public Theater at a very young age.
- She doesn’t drink or smoke. Her father had been a drug addict and being afraid of ruining her life, she made a decision at a very young age that she would never touch any alcoholic beverage or drugs.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image via Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0