|Chris Pine Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1980|
Chris Pine is an American actor, theatre artist, voiceover artist, and producer who is known for his on-screen roles like Toby Howard in Hell or High Water, James T. Kirk in the Star Trek reboot film series, Robert the Bruce in Outlaw King, Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman, Dr. Alexander Murry in A Wrinkle in Time, Jack Ryan in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Jack Ryan in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Cinderella’s Prince in Into the Woods, Lord Devereaux in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, Bernie Webber in The Finest Hours, Will Colson in Unstoppable, Franklin “FDR” Foster in This Means War, Jay Singletary in I Am the Night, and Rex Hanson in Horrible Bosses 2.
Christopher Whitelaw Pine
Chris, Peenè, Pinewood, Piney
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California, United States
Pine did high schooling at Oakwood School. In 2002, he received a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of California in Berkeley. Post that, he also studied English at the University of Leeds in the UK for a year.
Finally, he spent a couple of years at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Robert Pine (Actor)
- Mother – Gwynne Gilford (Former actress and later a psychotherapist)
- Siblings – Katherine Pine (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Granville Martin Pine (Paternal Grandfather), Virginia Whitelaw (Paternal Grandmother), Max M. Gilford (Maternal Grandfather) (President of the Hollywood Bar Association), Anne Gwynne (née Marguerite Gwynne Trice) (Maternal Grandmother) (Actress), Greg Max Gilford (Maternal Uncle) (Former recording artist on Dunhill Records and lead singer of the Thomas Group (1965-1970) who later became a Recovery Mentor for United Healthcare), Martin Jurow (Cousin) (Producer), William Eliscu (Cousin)
As a newbie, he was signed to United Talent Agency.
Now, he is signed to Viewpoint, Inc. (Publicist).
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Pine has dated –
- Tanaya Beatty – He had a fling with Canadian actress Tanaya Beatty in the past.
- Samira Mighty
- Sorel Carradine (2006) – American actress, Sorel dated for a couple of months in 2006.
- Beau Garrett (2008-2009) – Beau, an American actress, had an ON again and OFF again relationship with Chris Pine from August 2008 until 2009.
- Audrina Patridge (2009) – Audrina Patridge, a TV personality was spotted with Pine at a dinner in LA around May 2009. When their relationship started getting attention, Pine turned to single status in June 2009.
- Olivia Munn (2009-2010) – From October 2009 to January 2010, Olivia and Pine were an item. Though, they were serious during the start of the relationship.
- Nathalie Walker (2010) – Nathalie and Pine had a fling in January 2010.
- Jasmine Waltz (2010) – Pine had an encounter with American actress, Jasmine Waltz.
- Dominique Piek (2011-2013) – South African model dated for quite a long time with Pine from September 2011 to February 2013.
- Amanda Frances Horne (2013) – He hooked up with Amanda Frances Horne in the year 2013.
- Iris Björk Jóhannesdóttir (2013-2014) – Pine hooked up with Icelander Iris Björk Jóhannesdóttir from November 2013 to early 2014.
- Zoë Kravitz (2014-2015) – From September 2014 to February 2015, Chris dated actress Zoe Kravitz.
- Vail Bloom (2015) – In May 2015, Chris was dating actress, Vail Bloom. Their relationship was confirmed by Just Jared. No news of their separation was made public.
- Sofia Boutella (2017) – Chris was reportedly linked with his co-star from Star Trek Beyond, Sophia Boutella in 2017. They even attended the Coachella music festival together in April 2017.
- Annabelle Wallis (2018-2022) – In April 2018, Chris started dating British actress Annabelle Wallis. In March 2022, it was reported that Chris and Annabelle had broken up.
Race / Ethnicity
Chris has ancestry from various areas and religions such as French, English, German, Russian, and Welsh.
- He has sparkling blue eyes
- Chris frequently plays mischievous and charming roles in the films
Best Known For
Playing James T. Kirk in the 2009 film Star Trek, and also in its sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness released in 2013
Chris Pine played the role of Chris in the 2004 film Why Germany?
First TV Show
In 2003, he made a guest appearance in the American medical drama television series ER for his role as Levine in the episode titled “A Thousand Cranes”.
Pine’s workout list includes these exercises –
- Mountain Climber
- Dumbbell Thruster
- Swiss Ball Jackknife
- Box Jump
- Swiss Ball Pike
Read more about his workouts at Men’s Health.
Chris Pine Facts
- For the 2013 video game Star Trek, he gave his voice to the character of James T. Kirk.
- He enjoys doing skeet shooting.
- He started wearing the glasses during third grade.
- He beat Mike Vogel for his role as James T. Kirk in the 2009 movie Star Trek.
- He was once given the title of “the new Harrison Ford” by the magazine US Weekly.
- He is not present on Twitter. However, you can his fan sites and fan pages on the web.
- He became the youngest actor to play the Star Trek lead, at the age of 28.
- Pine was once considered for the lead role in the 2010 movie TRON: Legacy.
- He was cast as Padraic in the Mark Taper Forum production of The Lieutenant of Inishmore in 2010 and his performance won him the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award for “Lead Performance”.
- In November 2020, while Chris was filming for the movie Don’t Worry Darling, a crew member got tested positive for COVID-19 which made him go into isolation along with other co-stars including Harry Styles and Florence Pugh.
- He has been friends with Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, John Cho, and Anton Yelchin.
- He is not on social media.