|Gina Gershon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.25 in|
|Date of Birth||June 10, 1962|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Gina Gershon is an American actress, singer, and author best known for her portrayal of Cristal Connors in Showgirls in 1995 and playing Coral in Cocktail in 1988. She has also been a theatre artist and has portrayed important roles in theatre productions like Cabaret and Boeing-Boeing.
Gina L. Gershon
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Gina attended the Collier Street Elementary School, Woodland Hills Academy, and Beverly Hills High School.
After high school, she enrolled at the Emerson College. She later took the transfer at the New York University to pursue BFA in drama and psychology/philosophy.
Actress, Singer, Author
- Father – Stan Gershon (Import Export Businessman)
- Mother – Mickey Gershon (Interior Designer)
- Siblings – Dan (Older Brother), Tracy (Older Sister)
- Others – Joseph Gershon (Paternal Grandfather), Peryle Bronstine (Paternal Grandmother), George Henry Koppel (Maternal Grandfather), Estelle Kirsch (Maternal Grandmother)
Gina is represented by –
- United Agents Ltd.
- Untitled Entertainment
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gina has dated –
- Ted Demme – Gina was romantically involved with director Ted Demme in the past.
- Beck Hansen – Gina was also in a relationship with musician Beck Hansen.
- Sean McPherson – She was rumored to be dating Sean McPherson in the past.
- John Cusack (1992) – Actor John Cusack was romantically involved with Gina Gershon in 1992.
- David E. Kelley (1999) – Gina had a rumored relationship with Film/TV Producer David E. Kelley in 1999.
- Owen Wilson (2000-2002) – Gina started dating actor Owen Wilson in 2000. The couple called it quits in January 2002.
- Ralph Fiennes (2005) – British actor Ralph Fiennes had a brief fling with Gina Gershon in 2005.
- Bill Clinton (2008) – In 2008, Gina was rumored to be in a relationship with American Head of State Bill Clinton. However, she later stated that the news broke her heart as it was completely false.
- Robert Dekeyser (2012) – In February 2012, Belgian business professional Robert Dekeyser was said to be romantically involved with Gina for a brief period of time.
- Bobby Dekeyser (2015) – According to news, Gina dated Belgian football player turned furniture designer, Bobby Dekeyser in 2015.
- Travis Fimmel (2016) – In May 2016, Gina was involved in a short fling with Australian actor Travis Fimmel.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Thin arc-shaped eyebrows
Gina has done endorsement work for brands like Life After Alcohol.
She was raised in a Jewish family.
However, her religious views as an adult aren’t known.
Best Known For
Her portrayal of Cristal Connors in Showgirls (1995) and Coral in Cocktail (1988)
As a Singer
She performed songs like My Favorite Sin, Every Six Minutes, Pretty Pretty, and Hooked on a Feeling in the film Prey for Rock & Roll in 2003.
Gina made her theatrical film debut in Girls Just Want to Have Fun as a Dancer in 1985. However, her role was uncredited.
Her first credited role was in Pretty in Pink as Girl Friend / Gym Class in 1986.
First TV Show
Gina’s first TV show appearance was in The Twilight Zone as Laura / Prince of Darkness in 1987.
Gina Gershon Favorite Things
- Movies That She’s Been In – Bound (1996) and The Player (1992)
- Film By William Friedkin – The Exorcist (1973)
- Actress – Ellen Burstyn
- Film – Rosemary’s Baby (1968)
Source – IMDb, Den Of Geek
Gina Gershon Facts
- She used to be a California Valley Girl but she moved to New York in hopes of changing her image.
- She is also a founding member of Naked Angels, a New York-based theatre group.
- Her birth certificate had her surname misspelled as ‘Gersohn’.
- She has also portrayed numerous roles in theatrical productions like Cabaret and Boeing-Boeing.
- In 2000, she appeared in the music video of Again by Lenny Kravitz.
- She is the co-author of children’s book Camp Creepy Time along with her brother.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Joella Marano / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0