|Graham McTavish Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1961|
Graham McTavish is a Scottish actor, director, and voice actor who is best known for starring in The Hobbit trilogy, Outlander, and Preacher. He is also noted for his roles in several other hit films such as King Arthur (2004), Middle Men (2009), Creed (2015), and Aquaman (2018). Graham has also lent his voice in several games for the character of Archer in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009) and Dr. Benjamin Church in Assassin’s Creed III (2012). He also has a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 250k followers on Twitter.
Graham James McTavish
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
He divides his time between New Zealand and the United States.
Graham attended the Dundee Rep Theatre in Scotland.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director
- Father – Alec McTavish (Politician)
- Mother – Ellen McTavish
Graham is represented by –
- Stone Manners Salners Agency
- Cheri Barner Management
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Graham has dated –
- Gwen Isaac – Graham and Australian filmmaker Gwen met in London for the first time. After spending a passionate amount of time together, they finally got married and shifted to Los Angeles in order to help Graham build a flourishing career in acting. They later had two children who were both girls named Honor and Hope McTavish. Later in 2015, the couple was staying in Central Ortega, New Zealand along with their children.
Race / Ethnicity
Graham is of Scottish descent.
Light Brown (Natural)
Graham has endorsed several brands including Ford Focus.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Dwalin in The Hobbit trilogy, Dougal Mackenzie in Outlander, and the Saint of Killers in Preacher
- Starring in several films such as King Arthur (2004), Middle Men (2009), Creed (2015), and Aquaman (2018)
- Lending his voice to several well-known games such as Infamous 2 (2011), Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (2011), and Assassin’s Creed III (2012)
Graham made his theatrical film debut as a Lieutenant in For Queen & Country in 1988.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut as the Drunken Weasel in the animated movie The Wind in the Willows in 1996.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Ned in Return to Treasure Island in 1986.
As a voice actor, Graham made his debut in the American animated series What’s New, Scooby-Doo? in 2005.
In 2016, he trained under the guidance of professional fitness trainer Nicky Holender.
Graham goes to the gym almost every day where he focuses on building a lean muscular physique. He often posts short workout videos to his social media, where he can be seen performing exercises for his biceps, triceps, chest, back and his abdominal area. Graham also enjoys boxing and can easily box an 80-kilo boxing bag around.
When he’s not in the gym, he prefers to go running and performs several free hand exercises.
As for his diet, he prefers to eat fish whenever he can.
Graham McTavish Favorite Things
- Parsonage – Saint of Killers in Preacher
- Whiskey Brands – Ardbeg, Highland Park
- Food – Fish
- Shows – The Americans (2013-2018), Happy Valley
- Movie – Dunkirk (2017)
- Thing Of The Day – Popping the cork
Source – TheHedonistMagazine.com, OutlanderCast.com, www.ThreeifBySpace.net
Graham McTavish Facts
- He grew up in a family that was inclined towards politics.
- Graham was 5 years old when his parents moved from Glasgow to settle in Vancouver, Canada. After that, they moved back to Scotland when he was 12 years old. Later on, his family finally decided to halt for good in New Zealand.
- During his teenage years, he was bullied by other kids because of the Canadian accent that he had developed as a child.
- Ever since he took part in a high school play where he was asked to take up a role just 3 days prior to play, he fell head-over-heels for the profession. Graham also believes that the only possible reason for him excepting that role could have been for a love interest of his who was also in the play.
- He began his acting career while in London, where he appeared in several plays including the Red Dwarf.
- Graham’s wife Gwen was born in Australia.
- It is believed that his mother and father had both passed away before the year 2004.
- In 2008, he finally decided to move to the United States to pursue his passion for acting.
- In 2015, Graham took charge of the New York City’s Tartan Day Parade as the 17th Grand Marshall.
- He supports a charity called Action for Children.
- Graham prefers whiskey over the good old ale.
- One of Graham’s biggest regret is not having spoken much to do his father.
- His guilty pleasure is chocolate.
- Graham’s celebrity crush is Israeli actress Gal Gadot.
- A hidden talent of Graham’s is that he enjoys drawing.
- In November 2020, he released a book titled “Clanlands: Whisky, Warfare, and a Scottish Adventure Like No Other” co-written by him and Sam Heughan.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flikr / CC BY-SA 2.0