|GT Dave Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1978|
GT Dave is an American businessman who is best known as the founder and CEO of GT’s Living Foods which primarily deals in the production, marketing, and sale of kombucha, a fermented, effervescent, sweetened black or green tea drink that is popular for its perceived health benefits. He is credited as the first person to market and sell kombucha-related products in the United States and his company, as of November 2020, had captured about 40% of the segment’s market share in the country.
George Thomas Dave
GT, King of Kombucha
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
GT Dave had attended the Beverly Hills High School but had left the institution early after clearing GED (General Educational Development) tests that provide certification that the student who had passed the test possesses United States’ high school-level academic skills. He had then taken business classes at Santa Monica College.
- Father – Michael Dave
- Mother – Laraine Dave
- Siblings – Adam Dave (Older Brother), Justin Dave (Older Brother) (d. 1996)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
GT Dave has dated –
- Allan Fanucchi (2011–Present) – GT Dave began dating California-based attorney Allan Fanucchi in October 2011 and they got engaged in February 2017. The couple got married in June 2019 in Kauai, Hawaii.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Sports a light stubble
- Close-cropped hair
GT Dave Facts
- His family had been gifted a SCOBY (‘symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast’ which is formed after the fermentation of lactic acid bacteria, acetic acid bacteria, and yeast; and which is used to form several sour foods and beverages including kombucha and kimchi) in 1992 by a family friend who had received it from a Buddhist nun. When GT Dave was in his freshman year of high school, his parents had started brewing kombucha at home.
- 2 years later, in 1994, his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and she had undergone lumpectomy surgery in combination with chemotherapy and radiation. During her recovery from breast cancer, she used to regularly drink homebrewed kombucha and had publicly espoused the health benefits of the beverage.
- GT Dave began homebrewing kombucha while he was at Santa Monica College. His very first sale of kombucha was 24 bottles, in 1985, to the retail supermarket brand Erewhon Natural Foods. The stock was sold out on the very day that it hit the shelves.
- He continued brewing the beverage at home and would often call distributors and store owners using different voices to give the impression that he had already employed several workers and executives in his organization.
- By the end of 1997, he was selling 30 to 50 cases (12 bottles per case) each day and there was considerable demand from across the United States. Initially, he used to struggle with matching the demand as he was adamant that he would not simplify the manufacturing process as it could hamper the product’s quality. He has also declined many offers of acquisition for similar reasons.
Featured Image by GT Dave / Instagram