|Guy Berryman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1978|
Guy Berryman is a Scottish musician, songwriter, producer, multi-instrumentalist, photographer, businessperson, and bassist best known as the bassist of the band Coldplay. Coldplay is the most successful band of the 21st century and one of the best-selling music acts of all time which has released multiple albums including A Rush of Blood to the Head, Parachutes, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, Music of the Spheres, X&Y, A Head Full of Dreams, Mylo Xyloto, Everyday Life, and Ghost Stories. In addition to that, Guy Berryman has also served as the bassist of Apparatjik, a multi-national band formed in 2008. With Apparatjik, he has been a part of albums like We Are Here and Square Peg in a Round Hole.
Guy Rupert Berryman
Cotswolds, England, United Kingdom
Guy attended The Edinburgh Academy in Edinburgh, Scotland and Kent College in Canterbury, England.
Berryman enrolled himself at University College London (UCL) to pursue a degree in engineering. But, he dropped out eventually.
He instead took admission into The Bartlett (UCL’s school of architecture) which is a 7-year course in architecture. Guy also left it after 1 year to focus on a career in the field of music.
Bassist, Musician, Songwriter, Antique Dealer, Producer, Photographer, Multi-Instrumentalist, Businessperson
- Father – Rupert Berryman (Engineer)
- Mother – Elizabeth (Grant)
- Siblings – Mark Berryman (Older Brother)
- Others – Chester Bernard Berryman (Paternal Grandfather), Katherine (later Catherine) Mary Wiglesworth (Paternal Grandmother)
Coldplay has been signed with The Fun Star (Publicist).
Guy has been signed with these talent agencies –
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- InDemand Talent
Alternative rock, pop-rock, post-Britpop, synth-pop
Vocals, bass, keyboards, guitar, mandolin, drums, trumpet, percussion, yangqin, santoor, harmonica
Parlophone, Atlantic, Capitol
His net worth had been $100 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm (approx)
75 kg or 165 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Guy Berryman has dated –
- Lindsay Lohan – American actress and singer, Lindsay Lohan and Guy Berryman were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other in the past.
- Joanna Briston (2004-2007) – British designer Joanna Briston and Berryman got married in 2004. Joanna is Guy’s childhood sweetheart and they married in a low-key ceremony in the City of Westminster. They have 1 daughter, Nico (b. September 17, 2006). Their married life ended in 2007 after they took the divorce.
- Helena Christensen (2007) – In 2007, Danish model Helena Christensen and Guy dated briefly. She is 10 years his senior.
- Keshia Gerrits (2012-Present) – Dutch model Keshia Gerrits and Guy Berryman started dating in 2012. They got engaged in 2014 and have 2 children named Lucien and Bea. Keshia is 12 younger than him.
Race / Ethnicity
Guy Berryman is of English and Irish descent on his father’s side and has Scottish roots on his mother’s side.
Several tattoos on the forearms and chest
Best Known For
Being the bassist for the rock band Coldplay and supergroup Apparatjik.
As a Coldplay member, Guy released the first album Parachutes via Parlophone Records in July 2000.
The album received very good reviews. The standard edition of the album consisted of 10 songs.
It charted at #1 in the UK, #2 in Australia, and #51 in US music charts. Coldplay was able to sell 12 million copies of the album worldwide and was certified as 8x Platinum in Britain.
Guy Berryman Facts
- Guy plays the bass guitar right-handed, being a left-handed person.
- Apart from being a musician, he is also an avid photographer. His pictures have been featured in the 2009 album Foot of the Mountain by A-Ha.
- He generally roams around the venue, right past the fans, before giving a performance (just when before the show is about to start).
- Guy commenced his career in 1995 as a musician.
- He dropped out of college twice – first from an engineering degree and then from an architectural degree.
- Guy’s Coldplay bandmates were still pursuing college when he dropped out.
- To earn some money while he was practicing music, he worked at a local London pub as a barman.
- When Guy was promoting Coldplay’s third album, X&Y with his bandmates, he took their pictures with the disposable camera and then threw the pictures and camera towards the audience.
- After Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman was the third man to join the Coldplay band of 4 persons.
- Guy is called “dark horse” by his Coldplay members.
- Earlier, Guy used to run a clothing shop “Jezebell” in London. It closed after it started incurring losses.
- Berryman also takes interest in marathon running.
- He supports the football team Raith Rovers F.C.
- He has a vintage retro-style jukebox.
- His worth was estimated at £25 million in 2008 by MSN UK.
- Guy is not on social media.